never forgotten - sasakibe x reader

As soon as one problem is resolved in the Soul Society, another arises. This is something of basic knowledge, known by both older and younger members of the Gotei 13.

After the war against Sosuke Aizen and his Espada had drawn to a close, things should have been normal. Things should have been calm. Hadn't he been the greatest threat the Shinigami ever encountered?

Of course not. All of the Shinigami should've known that wouldn't be the case; that eliminating Aizen as a threat wouldn't make their lives any easier. They shouldn't have been so blind.

(Name) knew that now, and she knew it well. In comparison to the enemy the Soul Society now faced, Aizen was nothing.

Yhwach and his army of Quincy had arrived out of no where and stormed into the Captain-Comander's office, taking out many of the First Division's members within seconds.

That's when the unimaginable happened. Their cold, cowardly attack had killed the most wonderful lieutenant in all of the Soul Society.

Even now, as (Name) trained relentlessly, he remained on her mind. His kind, calm, and wise words, the way he would smile and laugh. His overwhelming dedication to Shigekuni Yamamoto. His love for both her and the elder Shinigami.

(Name) sat down, slamming her zanpakuto into the ground beside her. Once more, the burning tears of sadness and regret welled up in her eyes.

Chōjirō wouldn't want to see her that way and she knew it. He had died as he had lived, serving the founder of the Gotei 13; a perfect way to go. At least, it would appear that way to him.

(Name) wiped her eyes and stood, pulling out her zanpakuto once more.

Chōjirō's wisdom, dedication, and admiration would live on, even if (Name) had to tell each and every future Gotei member about him herself. The last thing she wanted was for him to fade away into nothing more than some name in a history book.

No, in the hearts and minds of the shinigami, Chōjirō Sasakibe would never die.