a busy anniversary - hisagi x reader

"Surprise! Happy anniversary, babe!"

Shuuhei's eager voice caused (Name) to spin around from her desk, her wide eyes blinking at the roses and candy that her fiancé held in his arms. Shuuhei wore the brightest of smiles as he held the gifts out for the love of his life.

"Shuuhei! Babe! Thank you so much!" (Name) grinned as she took them from him. She hugged them to her chest before sitting them down gently on her desk. "Happy anniversary, baby."

The couple shared a long, tight, hug and kiss before pulling apart, standing in each other's arms. After a long day of shinigami duties, (Name) was more than thrilled to have Shuuhei surprise her.

"I knew you'd had a busy day, so I had to cheer you up somehow," Shuuhei grinned, placing a kiss on (Name)'s forehead. "I hope you like the gifts. It's not much, but it's also not all that I got you. You know I had to go all-out for our last anniversary before our wedding."

Just thinking about their upcoming marriage made (Name) giddy. After dating for several hectic years, they were officially making their relationship permanent. It was an exciting event to think about!

"My gift for you is back at home, too," (Name) admitted, leaning in closer to Shuuhei and laying her head on his chest. Everything about being in his strong, familiar hold made her body relax. "But I'm so glad you came and saw me today."

"Of course, babe. Why wouldn't I?" Shuuhei chuckled. "Dinner tonight just isn't enough. I had to surprise you. You know, give you some sort of glimpse at what today means."

"I love you so much, Shuuhei," (Name) kissed his neck and then closed her eyes, taking in the moment. Even though she had plenty of work to do, things to attend to, she could afford a small break with her future husband.

"I love you too, (Nickname)."

The couple stayed in the embrace for about a moment before Shuuhei pulled back, placing a hand on his girl's head and ruffling her hair. He smiled down at her, always mystified by her ethereal beauty.

"I'm going to let you get back to work now. I'll see you at home around seven, okay?" Shuuhei grinned. "I've gotta pick some things up when I get off work."

"Okay, Shuuhei," (Name) smiled. "I'll see you then."

The couple parted ways and once Shuuhei was out of sight, (Name) sat back down at her As she looked at the flowers and candy that he had brought her, she couldn't keep a smile off her face. Shuuhei truly was the most thoughtful man in the world.