protectors pt. 2 - ichigo x reader

After the movie, (Name) and Ichigo went to a local fast food restaurant to grab a bite to eat. The date had been going great so far! (Name) and Ichigo had a wonderful time at the movies, and they had actually ended up cuddling at one point during it. It was great for (Name) to be able to relax in public without worry about anything.

Of course, nothing could last for ever. (Name) and Ichigo had gotten about halfway through their meals when a group of (Name)'s most annoying bullies showed up. The teen males swarmed around their table, evil smirks on their faces.

"Ah, look, the fatty is out to eat again!" The leader of them all spoke in a mocking tone. "Of course you're at a place like this! The food is as fat as you are!"

Ichigo instantly stood up, his eyes blazing in anger. (Name) just lowered her head and locked her eyes on the floor. She felt horrible now, but she knew Ichigo would do something. Right?

Of course he would do something! Ichigo walked over to the goons' leader, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. "Hey! Shut up, all right? She's not fat!"

The head bully just scoffed, smirking at the strawberry. "You would say that. The dumbass loves the fatass!"

That was the last straw. Ichigo decked the male and knocked him to the floor, where he continued to beat the ever loving shit out of him. Ichigo stopped only when an employee, who had seen the whole event happen, pulled him back.

"Just leave out the back," The employee told them, "I'll finish up here, okay?"

Thus, Ichigo and (Name) fled the restaurant and went back to the latter's house. Kenpachi and Yachiru were out, leaving the teens to themselves. They sat on the couch, turned on the television, and began talking to each other.

"I had a great time today, Ichigo." (Name) smiled at the male. "Even if..."

"Hey, don't worry about that, okay? I took care of it." Ichigo smiled back, placing one of his hands on hers. "I'll always take care of it. You deserve better than that."

(Name) blushed at his words and looked aside, the utmost joy on her face. Ichigo noted that he hadn't ever seen her look so thrilled, and he was glad to know he had caused that sort of happiness.

"Thanks, Ichi. I really do appreciate all you've done for me today." (Name) giggled. "You've been great."

The two stared at each other for a moment, the noise of the television becoming a blur in the background. Right as they leaned in to kiss, the front door swung open and Kenpachi and Yachiru stepped through.

Kenpachi's eye had narrowed and begun to twitch; on the other hand, Yachiru looked intrigued. Ichigo and (Name) were both red in the face, looking as guilty as possible.

"So," Kenpachi growled, "What's going on in here?"

"I-It's nothing, dad! I promise!" (Name) quickly explained. "We were just watching T.V.!"

"Uh-huh." Kenpachi mumbled, walking over to Ichigo. He stood in front of the young, terrified teen and said, "I'll give you a five second start."

"H-Hey, Kenpachi, come on." Ichigo sweated, "It doesn't have to be this way!"

"Five."

"Kenpachi-"

"Four."

"But..."

"Three."

"... Shit!!!"

"Two."

Ichigo ran out of the house, screaming and flailing. Kenpachi finished his countdown before running after him, maniacally laughing all the way.

(Name) sighed and sunk down in her seat while Yachiru jumped over beside of her sister. A giggle came from the younger girl's lips.

"Have a good date, sissy?" Yachiru asked happily.

"I really did. Ichigo's such a sweetheart." (Name) sighed lovingly, her heart having been even more captured by her orange-haired boyfriend.

"That's good!" Yachiru laughed. "'Cause if Kenny gets a hold of him, you'll never see him again!"

As Yachiru rolled around on the couch, unable to control her laughter, (Name) rubbed the back of her head. Even if she did love her father, he could be a bit of a stick in the mud sometimes.