the storm outside - urahara x reader

The raging storm outside the Urahara Shoten reflected the feelings of the man and woman standing outside of it quite perfectly. Despite his excessive, heartfelt begging, Kisuke had struggled to convince (Name) to stay with him. Their relationship had always been a rocky one, but at the end of the day, both (Name) and Kisuke could genuinely say that they loved each other very much.

But now, (Name) had seemed to have had enough of Kisuke. She felt as though staying with him was holding both of them back, stopping them from achieving what they needed to do in life. Unfortunately, (Name) didn't realize that there wasn't a goal that Kisuke had that didn't include her.

That was how they had ended up in their current mess.

As (Name) turned to walk away, Kisuke grabbed her hand and pulled her back to his chest. "(Name), stay. You can't leave me. You know as well as I do that running out like that isn't going to help you at all. Running away from your problems is never the answer..."

Tears streaked down (Name)'s face as she turned back to Kisuke, hiding in his arms. She didn't want to leave, but what choice did she have? It would be better for both of them this way; she knew it.

"Dammit, Kisuke, I need to leave. We need to move on... This isn't working for either of us. We can't do what we need to like this. Our relationship," (Name) took a deep breath, "I can't- I don't... Kisuke, we can't keep doing this."

"But the thing is, we can still make this work. You don't need to move on; you just want to." Kisuke sighed as he picked her up, carrying her into the house and away from the chaotic storm. "You're at least staying here until the storm passes."

Upon arriving in the house, Kisuke stood (Name) and gave her a kind smile. Her (e/c) eyes stared into his deep gray ones for a moment before she took off, ending up in one of the spare guest rooms; Kisuke had asked Tessai to make sure that every room was ready for (Name), in the off chance he could convince her to stay.

Now, as (Name) tossed in turned in bed, she found herself wondering exactly where she should go from there. Staying with Kisuke would inevitably lead to more heartbreak, but leaving him now wouldn't be any better. Taking a deep breath, (Name) closed her eyes and laid on her back.

She'd make up her mind in the morning, but for tonight, she'd stay under his roof. At least the storm gave her time to think.