busy, busy, busy - ginjo x reader

The soft, cool breeze blowing across the warmly-lit streets of Karakura Town slid through Ginjo's hair as he walked, head raised towards the sky and hands resting casually in the pockets of his jacket. A somber expression graced his handsome features, a look far darker than the serious one that he typically wore. The tension in his shoulders, the furrowing of his brows - Ginjo hated all of it.

Most of all, Ginjo hated that he couldn't change the way he felt. His mood for the day had been set when (Name) had asked that he meet her at their favorite spot in Karakura's central park, underneath the shade of a large plum tree. Though she hadn't elaborated on what it was she wanted to talk about, Ginjo was no fool. He knew what was coming and every part of his body told him to fight it, to go against the inevitable demise of his three year relationship and beat her to the punch.

The majority of their problems had been the result of Ginjo's actions and he was well aware of that fact. From the moment that Ginjo and the Xcution had learned of Kurosaki's role as a deputy soul reaper, things had been strained between Ginjo and (Name). Ginjo, naturally, had been planning how they would approach the teen and coerce him into their ranks; (Name) understood the importance of manipulating Kurosaki and harnessing his powers. She, too, was gifted with the abilities of a Fullbring. That was how she and Ginjo had met, after all.

Yet, Ginjo had been pushing her away. Most of his time recently had been spent scheming with Tsukishima and leaving (Name) in the dark. Well, perhaps that wasn't entirely fair to say - she knew as much as the other members of their group did, aside from maybe Giriko. Days that (Name) had once spent cheerfully in the hideout by Ginjo's side were now spent in ways he wasn't aware of, only because he never had the time to be there for himself. She had always been close to Jackie, so Ginjo assumed that was who she had been with.

He had never taken (Name) as the unfaithful type, but now, Ginjo couldn't help but wonder if she'd found someone new. No, he dismissed that thought rather quickly. (Name) wouldn't do such a thing and to even consider otherwise was an insult to the woman that Ginjo had grown to care for so deeply. If she wanted to call things off, it wouldn't be to leap into another man's arms. It would be strictly due to his own foolish actions.

Before he knew it, Ginjo had arrived at the park and landed his deep brown eyes on (Name)'s smaller, seated form. For a moment, all of his previous tensions disappeared from Ginjo's body and he relaxed; a smile even came to his lips. Yes, he loved this woman. As quickly as the warmth that followed sighting (Name) had rushed over Ginjo, it was replaced by an undeniably aggravating fear.

Fear that this could be the end of them as a couple. That this was their send-off as lovers, that after today, their only bond would be the Xcution.

Ginjo dismissed such troublesome thoughts as he made his way to his girlfriend's side, taking a seat in the grass beside her. (Name) greeted him with the same warm grin that had initially caught his attention the day they met.

"Thank you for coming, Ginjo. I'm sorry for the short notice. I hope I've not cut too much into your planning today by asking you to be here."

"What are you talking about? I'm the one that should be apologizing. As important as our official business is, I've been anything but kind to you lately," Ginjo shook his head. He took one of (Name)'s hands with both of his own; she was so small compared to him, it was almost as if one of his hands could swallow hers whole. "I'm sorry, (Name). Really."

For a moment, silence fell over the two of them. It worried Ginjo but being the cool man that he was, he attempted to play it off as though he wasn't the least bit concerned. However, against his will, his body began to subtly fidget.