snowy days - ukitake x reader

(Name) had always been the quiet girl in class, the one who would sit in the back of the room and silently do her work. Most of the time, that would work for her; out of sight, out of him.

Of course, it was due to her quiet nature, that (Name) didn't have that many friends; sure, she had Ichigo, Renji, Sado... They were all good friends of hers and she appreciated them dearly.

Once she entered college, it became painfully obvious to (Name) that she desired a boyfriend; worst of all, none of her friends would be in the least bit interested in her. How could they, with as outgoing as they all were? The only person that she was somewhat friends with that was even slightly as calm as her was Uryū...

Then it hit her. All of her friends were male, and not even a single one of them had a crush on her. While that would discourage most people, (Name) wasn't all that bothered by it. She deeply cherished all of her friends and didn't want to break their friendships; that didn't mean she didn't want someone, though.

(Name) would imagine at night how wonderful it would be to have someone to love, someone she could call 'hers'. It wasn't an entirely foolish wish, was it? Every human had a desire to be loved. (Name), much to her own disappointment, was one of them.

Her first semester of college brought nothing but homework to the focused female. She would go
to her classes in the morning before going to her part time job at a local coffee shop, where she worked as a barista. The job wasn't one that paid immensely, but it gave her enough to eat on. During one snowy
day in the middle of December, (Name) found herself walking home from the coffee shop bundled in a scarf and jacket. Her (e/c) eyes drifted upwards, watching the snow flakes flutter down and land both on and beside of her.

She had always loved snow, and found it nearly impossible to not be mesmerized by it!

Perhaps she was too focused on the snow, making it so that she couldn't tell where she was going. Before she knew what was going on, (Name) had found herself on the snow-covered ground, looking up at at the figure she had unintentionally bumped in to. Before her stood a kind-eyed male with hair that matched the snow and a smile on his pale face.

"Sorry about that," He chuckled, extending a hand to help her up, "I guess I wasn't paying enough
attention!"

A slight blush crossed (Name)'s face as she stared up at the handsome male in front of her, shyly taking his hand and standing up. The snowflakes fluttering down around them made it seem like a scene some sappy movie, the kind that she had watched with her mother long ago.

"I-It's okay. Besides, it was more my fault than anything." (Name) apologized as she released the male's hand, dusting some of the snow off of her pants.

After a chuckle, the man said, "Well, I do believe that it was more my fault. However," His warm green eyes gazed around at the falling snow. "I think we should worry about getting out of the snow, first off. This isn't exactly the best weather to talk in. Please, allow me to treat you to a cup of tea, or something of the sort."

Most people would find the offer a quite strange, one to turn down out of distrust. Something about the
kind hearted male made the offer impossible to refuse, much to (Name)'s surprise.

"I work at a coffee shop not too far back. How about we go there?" (Name) suggested with a smile as she pointed behind of her.

"That sounds wonderful! Oh, where are my manners? My name is Jūshirō Ukitake." Jūshirō's long white hair swirled behind of him in the wind as he began walking beside (Name).

"It's great to meet you, Jūshirō. I'm (Name) (Last Name)."

- - -

On Christmas Day, (Name) found herself waking up to all but a White Christmas. While there was a bit of
snow on the ground, there was barely enough to even create a brisk layer. The college student, while disappointed, tried to push the thought away. She'd been thinking far too much the past week!