study night - shunsui x oc

A/N: Shuriken Natazaki is my own character.

"Dammit, I'm never going to be able to pass that test tomorrow!" Shuriken groaned as she slammed her head against the pillow in her lap. She took the papers in her hand and slammed them down on the floor beside of her.

"It's all right, Shuri. You'll get the hang of it." Jūshirō encouraged with a reassuring smile. "You're trying, at least." His gaze flickered over to Shunsui, who laid between them at the moment.

"What?" Shunsui yawned as he shifted up on his elbows. "I'm not going to sit around and cram for a test like you two. It's too boring!" He complained. "I'm bored just being here with you two snoozers."

"Why are you here, Shunsui? You're usually out whenever we do our work." Shuriken asked out of genuine curiosity. Normally once classes finished, Shunsui would be out chasing down every female that came his way.

"Is it so hard to believe that I just wanted to spend time with my two best friends? I can't help it that you two like to work." Shunsui laid back down.

"That's insulting. I hate doing so much work." Shuriken picked her papers up again.

"I'm not too fond of it either," Jūshirō chuckled, "It has to be done, though."

"Not by Shunsui. I don't think I've ever seen him do his work." Shuriken glanced down at the lazy male with a teasing gleam in her eyes.

"Why would I do it when I've got such loving, caring friends to do it for me?" Shunsui grinned up at her, wrapping his arm around Shuriken's waist and sighing contently. Shunsui laid his head on her lap after moving the pillow.

"Shunsui, what are you doing?" Shuriken asked with a raised brow.

"I'm just making myself more comfortable." He replied simply.

"Jūshirō, get him off me." Shuriken poked Shunsui forehead before looking to the white haired male.

"He won't listen to me on this, Shuri. You know this." Jūshirō chuckled.

"I'm having too much fun to move." Shunsui grinned as he looked up at Shuriken.

A blush had come to her cheeks, but Shuriken tried to ignore it. "At least you're enjoying yourself." She looked over the papers in her hands. "I'd really just like to understand how to do this."

"You're blushing and you're changing the subject. Ah, you're absolutely adorable, Ri." Shunsui nuzzled against Shuriken's stomach, brushing his slightly stubbed cheek against the fabric of her robe.

"Shut up, Shunsui." Shuriken thumped the male on the head without glancing away from her papers.

"Ow... There's no need to be so harsh." Shunsui whined.

"That's not going to help your case, Shunsui." Jūshirō chuckled.

"Jūshirō, how do you do number seventeen?" Shuriken asked, paying no attention to Shunsui's complaints.

"Ri?"

"I really don't get it." Shuriken continued.

"You do it the same way you do number five, Shuri." Jūshirō replied.

"I don't know how to do that one, either." Shuriken sighed.

"Don't worry, Ri, you'll figure it out!" Shunsui told Shuriken encouragingly before placing a kiss on her stomach. "You should take a break from all of this and let me help you unwind." He winked up at the girl.

"Shut up, Shunsui." Shuriken smacked her lazy friend with a pillow. "Now, Jū, show me how to do this, please."

"Don't ignore me, Ri. You love me!" Shunsui exclaimed in a sing-song voice.

"Is number seventeen similar to number three at all? I know how to do that one."

"Unfortunately, no, they're not that similar." Jūshirō shook his head.

"Great," Shuriken dropped her head, "I'm going to fail this homework and our test."

Shunsui frowned as the two other students discussed their work.

"Why can't we just fight for our tests? My zanjutsu has improved a lot recently." Shuriken furrowed her brows in a sort of saddened frustration.

"You worry too much, Ri. You always do well on your tests." Shunsui waved his hand dismissively.

"No, I don't. I've almost failed a few times."

"Grades don't matter."

Shuriken paused for a moment before chuckling at the male who rested on her lap. "For once, I actually agree with you."