back to normal - shunsui x oc

A/N: Shuriken Natazaki belongs is my own character.

Shunsui sighed to himself as he rolled over in bed, his wavy, brunette locks tumbling after him. His eyes were lazily locked on the wall across from him, and it took every bit of determination that he had to not drift off into sleep as he awaited Shuriken's return. Things weren't as bright in his life without her there.

She'd been gone on a mission for the past three months, and to Shunsui, that was the equivalent of at least a century. He missed holding the blue-haired woman close and kissing her as he pleased. He missed waking up in the night and knowing that she was right beside of him.

Hell, Shunsui just missed her.

Though she had been scheduled to return hours ago, Shunsui didn't have any worries at all; Shuriken had proven her skills time after time. After all, how else would she be allowed to have a high seat in the old man's division? Shunsui knew that Shuriken was fine, but he wished that she would hurry home. The sooner she got back to him, the sooner he'd stop pouting like a child that was left all by himself.

"When's she going to be back?" Shunsui whined quietly while he played with the hem of the sheets absentmindedly. "It's not fair that she's been away so long."

Perhaps it had been how tired he had gotten or the fact that he really wasn't paying much attention, but when a familiar voice struck him from his thoughts, Shunsui nearly fell out of bed with excitement and shock. "I've not been gone that long, Shunsui."

... Yes, everything was back to normal in Shunsui's world once more.