a perfect fit - kenpachi x oc

A/N: Sarabi Jibade was created by/belongs to SarabiJibade

As she finished folding the top of yet another box, a small, relieved sigh came from Sarabi's lips. It was early in the morning, but she had work that needed to be done; it wasn't necessarily the typical work for a Shinigami, but it was important nonetheless. In a couple of weeks, Sarabi's transfer to the Eleventh Division would be finalized and she would be moving out of her small abode in the Second Division. It was going to be a big change, but Sarabi looked forward to it. However, she wasn't the biggest fan of having to move all of her belongings.

"This shit's not going to carry itself there." Sarabi muttered as she grabbed a couple of smaller boxes, tucking them underneath her arm. Most of her items would be staying in the Second until her transfer was completed, but she wanted to go ahead and move what she could. Besides, a few members of her current division had offered to help her carry the larger packages, anyway.

Sarabi's journey to the Eleventh Division barracks was a rather peaceful one, all things considered. There were the occasional unseated officers that gave her curious looks, but everyone that knew her most certainly did not question the boxes she carried. It was a lot easier to get things of that nature done in advance, after all.

The moment Sarabi's yellow eyes landed on new her home, she noticed a little pink bundle moving around in front of it. Even from a distance, Sarabi knew that it was her new division's lieutenant, Yachiru. It was impossible for Sarabi not to smile as she approached the smaller female, who was trying to find a way into Sarabi's new place.

"Oof! I guess that's not going to work." Yachiru muttered with her back to Sarabi; the girl had been trying to unlock the door with only her hands.

"Hello, lieutenant." Sarabi's greeting startled Yachiru, who leapt into the air in surprise.

"Oh, hey! Maybe you can help me out. I'm trying to get in here, but the door won't open." Sarabi had to hold back a laugh. Yachiru didn't realize who she was.

"Really? Why do you need to get in there so badly?" Sarabi's voice was soft and playful, a drastic change from the sassy tone she normally kept.

"Haven't you heard? We're getting a new girl in the division! Her name is... is..." Yachiru paused for a moment as she racked her brain. "Uh... I don't really remember what her name is, but it's something 'Sari,' I think. Anyway, she's supposed to be moving in soon, and-" Right as Yachiru threw her arms up, she stopped mid-sentence. Her bright eyes landed on the boxes that Sarabi carried and it was like a light went off in the girl's head. "OH WOW, ARE YOU HER?!"

"I am. I'm Sarabi Jibade." Sarabi reached her hand down to Yachiru, but instead of shaking it, Yachiru jumped into Sarabi's arms. The smaller female crashed into Sarabi with so much energy that she nearly knocked Sarabi over.

"Yay! Awesome!" Yachiru cheered as she moved to sit on Sarabi's shoulder. Sarabi was a short woman, but Yachiru found the perfect way to position herself. "Let's go put all your crap up so that we can play!"

"All right. That's fine with me." Sarabi chuckled as she opened up the door to her new home. As Sarabi walked inside and began setting her boxes down, Yachiru gasped excitedly.

"Oh my gosh! You have to let me help you decorate, okay? Every stupid guy around here just keeps their room so dark and boring and lame. I'll get some decorations from the Shinigami Women's Association and we'll make your place awesome!" Sarabi took a quick glance at the Eleventh lieutenant, and it was obvious that Yachiru was making a plan in her mind.

"We'll see what we can come up with." Sarabi grinned as she looked around her room. Things were spacious there and she liked that. There were a few scuff marks on the walls from where previous squad members had undoubtedly fought, but Sarabi was okay with that. She liked it.