ride away the day - shunsui x oc

A/N: Shuriken Natazaki is my own character.

Each and every time that a Shinigami is sent from the Soul Society to the World of the Living, there is a guarantee, essentially, that things will not go as they should.

This is especially true when the mission takes little to no time at all, leaving the Shinigami with an almost unbearable amount of free time. Sending a captain-class Shinigami, along with an exceptionally gifted third seat, to take out a couple of Menos Grande usually results in such a dilemma.

"So, what do we now?" The lazy eighth captain turned to shorter female beside of him, tipping his straw hat backwards slightly to get a better look at her.

"I'm not sure. It's not often I come to the human world." Shuriken hummed, crossing her arms over her chest as the two of them walked down the calm and peaceful streets.

"Well, I don't really want to go back to the Soul Society just yet... There's got to be something we can do around here." Shunsui's gray gaze scanned the scene, blinking in surprise as he noticed a large cluster of humans gathered around in one area. "What's all that about?"

Shuriken followed his eyes, a look of confusion crossing her face as she noticed several large, blue and yellow vehicles that were attached to one another on a swerving track. Lines of people stood in front of one man as he ushered a few of them on board, helping them strap themselves to their seats.

"I don't know what the hell they're doing..." She muttered with a bit of curiosity. "Let's go check it out." Without waiting for a reply, Shuriken began walking towards the crowd.

"Hey! Don't just leave me." Shunsui had a teasing pout on his face as he walked after her, wrapping an arm around her waist once they had arrived in line behind all of the others. Thankfully, the couple had picked up their gigai beforehand, and could therefore be seen by the naked eye.

"So, what exactly is this?" Shuriken whispered to Shunsui as she eyed the ride. "Is it some sort of torture device or killing machine?"

"I doubt they'd have one of those just sitting around," Shunsui chuckled. "I think it's some sort of thing you get in for entertainment."

Thankfully, the humans that stood around the two were too busy focusing on the ride to notice the shingamis odd conversation as they tried to decipher the event.

"Why would anyone get on something such as this for entertainment, though?" Shuriken quietly pondered aloud as she and Shunsui watched the roller coaster speed off, causing various thrilled noises to erupt from its passengers.

Both shinigami raised curious eyebrows.

"My, there are some very odd things around here." Shunsui commented.

"I'll say. This whole thing is just weird." Shuriken agreed.

Regardless of their words, neither Shuriken not Shunsui had the desire to leave the line. Instead, they continued to stand in it, moving forward until the time had finally arrived for them to get on board.

After being strapped in on the last cart, Shuriken turned to Shunsui. "Why are we doing this again?"

"I don't know. You wanted to do it, didn't you?"

"Sorta, I guess."

"Then let's see what the big deal about this ride is." Shunsui grinned, placing one of his hands on one of hers, which were placed atop of the metal safety bar across their laps.

Shuriken's eyes filled with determination and the oddest bit of excitement as the ride began. Things started off slow and a bit boring, but all of that turned around once they approached the first hill; and subsequently, the first drop.

The passengers in the seats ahead of them gave excited gasps as they looked at one another and the carts climbed the incline. Shuriken glanced once at Shunsui before returning her gaze to the hill ahead. One of her hands gripped the metal bar while the other held onto Shunsui.

"Nervous?" He teased with a chuckle as they approached the top of the hill.

"Not at all," Shuriken lied with a smirk.

The rushing decline of the ride made both of their eyes widen, mixed expressions coming to their faces. Shunsui seemed confused but amused, while Shuriken held a steady look of confusion, excitement, and uncertainty.

"Shit!" She cursed as the roller coaster quickly sped down the longest and steepest hill. She felt as though she would fly out of the cart, and had begun to tightly grip onto Shunsui's shirt. Was it out of terror? No, not exactly. Something of an excited adrenaline rush had stirred in the normally calm woman.

Shunsui remained quiet, however, as he shifted his glance from the rushing path ahead of them to his girlfriend, unsure of which amused him more at the moment.

As the ride came to end, Shuriken held a grin on her face as she stood by Shunsui.

"That was amazing." She glanced over her shoulder at the ride, watching as a few others got on board.

"It was definitely exciting." Shunsui smirked before leaning down and gently placing his lips against hers for a moment. "I take it you want to ride it again?"

"... Yes. The line isn't getting any shorter." Shuriken grabbed Shunsui's hand and began pulling him back into the long line of humans.

"We're not leaving until they kick us out, are we?" Shunsui smiled in amusement.

"Nope."