when i see her - shunsui x reader

Whenever she passes by or sees me when I'm out, she always gives me a smile and an excited wave. She's always the quick to see me off whenever she knows I'm going on a mission. She's never once been rude to me or said anything out of spite.

Then why is it that I can't stand looking at (Name) (Last Name)?

She's more beautiful than any other woman I've ever met, and actually, I'm sure there isn't anyone that can match her looks. Her personality is killer, too. She's overall a joy to be around, with her jokes and wits. I don't think there's anyone that she's ever met that she doesn't consider a friend.

(Name) is a wonderful woman in every possible way.

Each night, I've learned, she meets with the same guy. Who he is, I'm not sure, but that doesn't make it any better. All I know is that she and that guy spend the entire night together and are, apparently, very close. I don't know his name, but I've seen them together. She's always holding his hand and smiling up at him, giving him an occasional kiss.

But even when she's with him, she'll smile at me. She'll wave and make the guy turn to look at me, too. They'll both greet me and head on their way, and hell, even he seems to be a great guy.

I wish I could say that I hate (Name), but I know that's not true. I can't stand to look at her because every time I see her, I think of him. I think of how he's able to wrap his arms around her and pull her close while I'm stuck here like a fool.

She's loving him while she's breaking me, but she doesn't know that. She can't ever know that, because if she did, it'd probably devastate her.

Knowing that I've hurt her would probably kill me, so standing by is all I can do. Even if she asks, I won't tell her the truth.

If she's happy, I guess I'll try to be, too.