perfection - kenpachi x reader

"You're kidding me, right? You're not really worried about that, are you?"

(Name)'s cheeks had darkened as she looked away from Kenpachi's gaze, feeling even more embarrassed than she had before. She had come to her boyfriend to share her insecurities about her weight, but he seemed to act as though they weren't a problem.

"You're not fat, (Name). Just because you've got a little more weight than other people, it doesn't make you any less badass. You're a damn good fighter and an even better lover. Why the hell are you worried about a little thing like that?"

(Name) had shied away while rubbing her arm. She was a bit chubby, nothing extreme, but her weight had always bothered her. She had never felt as fit as her fellow shinigami, even though she was right on par with them. She was extremely healthy! The only difference was that there was just a tad more of her to love.

"I-I know, Kenny, but... I just feel so fat, you know? Like I'm not good enough for you at times. I mean, I can hold my own in a match against you any damn day of the week, but..."

"But what?" Kenpachi scoffed, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend and pulling her into an odd hug. "There's nothing wrong with you. You're pretty damn cool the way you are. There's not a thing I'd change about you."

His words made (Name) feel all fuzzy inside, and she found herself wrapping her arms around the large man. She grinned against Kenpachi while he began talking again.

"I know you're worried about it, but I'm just gonna tell you that it's okay. There's nothing wrong with you. You could kick anyone who said so's ass!"

Which was typically true. Not many people said things to her directly about her weight, but the degenerates that did would easily be beaten by (Name) in a fight. (That is, if Kenpachi didn't get to them first.)

"Are you sure about that, Ken? Am I really that great?" (Name) asked as she hugged onto him, her strong arms keeping a hold of him.

"Yeah. Of course I'm sure." Kenpachi chuckled, placing a hand on her head and ruffling her hair. "Hell, I'd call you as close to perfect as they get. If I believed perfect existed, I say you'd fit the description."

Just like that, all of (Name)'s worries at that moment faded away. If Kenpachi thought so highly of her, she herself could learn to do the same!