protectors pt. 1 - ichigo x reader

"So, you wanna date my daughter, huh? What makes you think I'd be okay with that?"

The protective tone in Kenpachi's voice made Ichigo quiver slightly, the smallest bit phased by the older man. Ichigo had come to him during the morning, while (Name) was asleep, to ask if he could take her out. At the door, he had been greeted by (Name)'s father and younger sister.

"If you wanna take my big sissy out, Ichi, you've gotta be really good to her!" Yachiru wagged her finger, looking up sternly at the orange-haired teen. "You've gotta be a good boy!"

A small sigh came from Ichigo's lips as he rubbed the back of his head, suddenly feeling embarrassed. Did they really think he wouldn't be good to her?

Of course, Ichigo could understand their concern. For years, (Name) had been made fun of for her weight. Anyone that messed with her had ended up getting their ass kicked by Ichigo or his friends, as Kenpachi couldn't beat up younger guys. It pained Ichigo to think back to all of the times he had seen sweet little (Name) crying because of the cruel words someone had said.

"Look, I get what you're saying. But, I'm a good guy. I've never done anything bad to (Name) and I never want to. She's one hell of a girl and I just wanna take her to the movies." Ichigo had a charming grin on his face. "I'll protect her. I know you two usually do, but at school, I've always taken care of her. If you let me date her, I'll do the same."

"Eh..." Kenpachi grumbled, looking down at his youngest daughter. Yachiru had her small arms crossed over her chest, obviously deep in thought. "We've gotta talk about it."

Before Ichigo could say another word, Kenpachi had shut the door in his face. The teen simply sighed, sitting down on the steps as he waited.

-

"All right, you can take her out." Kenpachi said as he opened the door after leaving Ichigo outside for roughly twenty minutes. "But if you do a damn thing to hurt her, I'll be more than happy to head to prison for killing your ass."

Although Kenpachi's words were quite frightening, Ichigo was too excited about taking (Name) out to really care.

"Thanks, Kenpachi. I know you're really worried, but trust me, I'd never do anything to hurt her. She's my best friend." Ichigo chuckled, reaching out a hand to Kenpachi. "She's a beautiful young woman and I appreciate you giving me a chance."

Kenpachi lazily shook Ichigo's hand and said, "Just don't make me regret it." Then, he turned to Yachiru. "Go wake your sister up."

"(Nickname)! Ichi's here to take you out! Me and Kenny are gonna kill him if he's mean, so you'd better tell me all about it when you get home!" Yachiru screeched as she ran up the stairs to (Name)'s room.

"Wait out here." Kenpachi spoke before once again closing the door in Ichigo's face. Regardless, Ichigo was thrilled.

He sat back down on the front steps and grinned up at the sky. It wasn't often that Ichigo got excited, but taking (Name) out was enough to make anyone with a heart happy.