little pink bow - renji x reader

"Why the hell would I buy (Name) one of those?" Renji looked between Ikkaku and Yumichika with a skeptical expression on his face. The latter held a bright pink bow, something that would typically be worn be a young girl. "Don't you think she's a little old for such a thing?"

"One is never too old for a beautiful fashion accessory, Renji," Yumchika smirked, raising a bow and looking over it. Ikkaku laughed and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, Renji, she'll love it!"

Renji, having almost zero experience with women, sighed after a moment and took the bow from Yumichika. After examining the item for a moment longer, he gave his friends one more curious look. "You're sure (Name) will like it?"

"Positive. (Name) is a beautiful woman with outstanding tastes. At least, on most things," Yumichika chuckled and Renji rolled his eyes, walking over to the cashier on the other side of the store with his friends trailing behind him.

Renji placed the bow on the counter before reaching into his pocket to pull out his wallet. The female cashier smiled as she picked the bow up to scan it.

"Oh, are you buying a nice gift for your daughter? Or your little sister?"

Renji's face flushed at the question while Ikkaku and Yumichika erupted into laughter.

"I'm, uh, I'm buying it for my girlfriend, all right?" Renji stuttered, making the cashier laugh.

"Of course, of course," She smiled, bagging the item up once the redhead had paid for it. As she handed Renji the bag, she told him, "Have a nice day!"

Quickly, Renji exited the store, trying to leave his amused companions behind. Unfortunately, they caught up to him quite quickly.

"So, let's go give it to (Name)!" Ikkaku managed to speak through his laughter.

"I'm not giving (Name) a damn thing!" Renji exclaimed, holding the bag close to his chest so that neither Ikkaku nor Yumichika could grab it.

"You might what to reconsider that, Renji," Yumichika motioned with his head towards the (h/c) haired female who was walking their way, a small smile on her face.

"Hey guys," She greeted, her eyes locking on the bag at Renji's chest. "What's in the bag?"

"Nothing!" Renji quickly shoved the bag behind his back as a blush crept onto his cheeks. "It's nothing at all!'

"Don't be silly, Renji," Yumichika snatched the bag and held it out to (Name). "He picked this out for you all on his own and was dying to give it to you."

(Name) could tell by the look of pure enjoyment on both of the Eleventh Division members faces that nothing good could be in the bag. As she expected to pull out lingerie, (Name) was surprised to see the bright pink bow that Renji had recently purchased.

"Oh, uh, Renji..." (Name) looked down at the item in a bit of shock. "I... love it?" All that really mattered was the thought that had been put into it, or at least, (Name) tried convincing herself of that. It wasn't something she would have picked out on her own, but he had gotten her something, and for that she could at least pretend to be happy.

"You hate it, don't you?" Renji frowned. "I told you she wouldn't like it!"

"She said she loved it! Just listen to her!" Ikkaku doubled over in laughter.

"Yes, I believe he's right on that one! Look at her face! She loves it!" Yumchika piped in.

"I said shut up!" Renji shouted, trying to ease their teasing.

"No, really, Renji, it's... great," (Name) tried to relax him by placing a hand on his shoulder with a smile.

"I told them it wasn't a good idea, but they made me buy it anyway!" Renji defended himself even though (Name) didn't mind.

"We made you do no such thing!" Yumichika protested.

"Yeah! You're the one that thought it'd be a great gift!" Ikkaku added.

While Renji and his friends argued, (Name) stood back with a smile on her lips. Looking over the bow, she chuckled lightly to herself before slipping the item in her pocket.

He had tried, and that was all that really mattered.