plumbing problems - shunsui x oc

A/N: Shuriken Natazaki is my own character.

"... Shunsui, come in here a second!" Shuriken's voice snapped the daydreaming captain from his thoughts. Shunsui yawned and stood up from their couch, walking into the kitchen.

"Ri? What's up?" The brunette asked groggily as he approached his wife, one hand rubbing the side of his face. Instead of giving him a verbal reply, Shuriken stepped aside from her position in front of the sink. Shunsui blinked in surprise as he saw a spurt of water shoot up from the pipes.

"Yeah, its been going off for the past twenty minutes. I tried fixing it, but-"

"-but little Ri needs her big, strong, husband to fix it for her." Shunsui grinned, walking over to the woman and placing a hand on each of her shoulders. "Don't worry, my dear, I'll fix it for you."

"I was actually just going to say that you should call a plumber, but all right. I wouldn't mind a good laugh." Shuriken smirked before playfully thumping Shunsui's head. "Don't give yourself too much credit, though. It's not as easy as it looks."

As usual, Shunsui disregarded what Shuriken had said. He motioned for his wife to sit down, and once she had, Shunsui began to work.

"I'll handle this, Ri! Don't worry!"

Now, Shuriken and Shunsui had known one another for several centuries, meaning, she knew exactly how he worked. Right now, Shunsui was trying to impress her. He planned on solving a problem that she could not ,and in the process he would seem like her handsome, hairy hero. Unfortunately for Shunsui, he rarely succeeded at such things.

Shunsui would always be the love of Shuriken's life, but seeing him struggle was quite comical.

By now, Shunsui had crawled under the sink and he was beginning to look around at the pipes. Water squirted everywhere, soaking Shunsui's hair and robes. Shuriken sat back in her chair, watching him with a smirk. Whenever another pipe popped, Shunsui jumped in alarm; the buff man knocked his head on the pipes because of it. This caused Shuriken to burst into laughter, much to Shunsui's dismay.

"Ow! Ri! Don't laugh at me!" Shunsui whined, holding his throbbing head. "I'm still going to fix this for you."

Shuriken smirked as she crossed her arms over her chest, her amused, ocean-coloured eyes still on his form. "Sorry, Shun," She chuckled, "Take your time. I'm waiting." She then flicked her gaze to the pooling water around them. "But, it looks like you're going to get swept away if you don't hurry up."

"Ri, it's not that- Oh shit! It's starting to spread into the living room!"

"Told you."

Shunsui freaked and began to fiddle more with the pipes. Shuriken watched her husband with fond amusement as he struggled; Shunsui was not doing a good job at all. The more Shunsui messed up and cursed, the harder Shuriken found it to control her laughter.

After Shunsui had attempted to solve their problems for a good twenty minutes, he finally decided to give up. With an exaggerated sigh, Shunsui ducked out from under the sink only to fall into the pool on his back. The water made a mocking 'squish!' as he fell.

"I give in, Ri. Your prince can't fix this for you." Shunsui closed his eyes and laid his hands over top of his heart. "I guess it's better if I just-"

"Shunsui, get your ass up." Shuriken rolled her eyes with a smile as she stood, walking over to the dramatic captain. "Come on; you tried. Let's call a plumber now, hmm?" Shuriken bent down and placed one of her hands on Shunsui's, an action that made him grin.

"I'm glad that I didn't upset you, my dear." Shunsui chuckled as he sat up. His gray gaze roamed the kitchen, eyes widening at the sight. "I guess it's a good thing you like water." He joked.

"The couch is going to be ruined if it gets too much water in it." Shuriken stated nonchalantly. This got Shunsui to his feet.

"Ri! No! I can't lose that couch!" Shunsui yelled frantically. "It's so comfortable!"

"Then stop the water."

"I could sleep for days at a time on that thing!"

"Shun!" Shunsui snapped into reality. "Call the plumber."

"... Got it!" Shunsui darted across the kitchen to the phone, sliding in the process. When Shunsui had the phone in his grasp, he turned to Shuriken. "Ri, wait!"

"Huh?" Shuriken blinked. "What?"

"Can we still save the couch?"

"JUST CALL THE DAMN PLUMBER!"