celebrations - hitsugaya x oc

A/N: Emiko Matsumoto was created by/belongs to TheNightFox

A loud thud could be heard outside of the Tenth Division's captains office on what most would consider to be an average day in the Soul Society. With the conflict with Aizen pushed aside, most Shinigami had been enjoying a time which had been the closest to a break that they had seen in quite a while.

But of course, as everyone knows, there is never a dull moment in the Soul Society.

On this day in particular, a party of sorts was being held in the afore mentioned office in the Tenth Division. Hitsugaya himself, naturally, had nothing to do with the planning of such an event. The credit all belonged to one Rangiku Matsumoto.

This explained the loud thud, which had come from the short captain's desk being pushed over by a partially intoxicated Shūhei.

The cause for the party, however, was something that no one could have expected. The party was a celebration for a very important moment in Captain Hitsugaya and his Third Seat Emiko's life. The moment they became a couple.

"Come on, captain! Cheer up!" Rangiku slung an arm around Hitsugaya's shoulder with a grin, pulling him over to where her younger sister sat, a bright, embarrassed blush on her face. "Give her a little kiss~! You know you want to!"

"Rangiku!" Hitsugaya growled, a pink tint coming to his face as he sat beside of Emiko. "Just shut up and go away!"

"Could you please give us a moment, Rangiku?" Emiko smiled up at her busty sister, giving her a slightly pleading look. Since the party had started, she hadn't had a single moment alone with Hitsugaya.

"Hmm." Rangiku took a swig from the sake jug under her arm before giving a defeated sigh. "Oh fine. But you'd better give her a kiss, captain~."

Rangiku winked before turning around. "Shūhei!"

As Rangiku walked off, Hitsugaya shifted uncomfortably beside of Emiko, his turquoise eyes flickering from the floor to her. The young captain felt an unusual thumping in his chest, one that he had never felt before. Every time he opened his mouth to say something, he couldn't get the words out correctly and he more or less stuttered. For someone as confident as Hitsugaya, this was difficult to understand.

"Would you like to leave this place right now, Tōshirō?" Emiko asked after a moment of silence, smiling at him. "I have a feeling my sister will come back if we stay around here much longer."

Hitsugaya nodded slowly before standing up in an almost awkward way. "Y-Yes. It's probably best if we do..." While he was hesitant to leave his drunken lieutenant and her friends alone in his office, he wouldn't voice any protests to leaving the place.

Hitsugaya silently took in a deep breath before grabbing Emiko's hand as they left the office, and the rather loud party, behind.

"Do you remember how many parties we got drug to during our academy years, Tōshirō?" Emiko asked with a small laugh they walked through the barracks, hand-in-hand.

"Ah- Yes, I do." Hitsugaya replied after a moment, glancing over at Emiko. His lips turned slightly upwards into a smile, a handsome sight which would cause anyone to blush. Emiko wasn't an exception.

"Rangiku really does love to celebrate." Emiko returned her deep blue eyes to the path in front of them.

"That's an understatement." Discussing his lazy lieutenants behavior had instantly removed Hitsugaya's awkward tone. "Rangiku only 'celebrates' as an excuse to get drunk off of her ass!"

"That's not always true," Emiko giggled lightly, glancing over at her new boyfriend. "I believe she wanted to genuinely celebrate the beginning of our relationship today."

"Then why did she only invite her friends?"

"Well, they're good friends of mine, too." Emiko pointed out with a smile.

"That's true, but..." Hitsugaya gave a shrug. "What would you like to do now?"

Emiko pondered all of the opportunities for a moment before deciding excitedly, "Let's get something to eat!"

"Wontons?" Hitsugaya chuckled, knowing how much the beautiful girl loved them.

"Of course!"

Together, the two Tenth Division shinigami made their way to the nearest restaurant, one that the two of them had been to many of times before.

However, this would be a special visit. It was their first as a couple.

"Table for two, Captain Hitsugaya?" A familiar waiter asked the small, white-haired captain, earning a nod. Hitsugaya and Emiko were taken to a table in the back, off by themselves.

"I'm not all that hungry, Emiko, but... Order whatever you want." Hitsugaya had begun to overcome his nervous, awkward ways. Something about being in a relationship utterly flustered the young man and he couldn't understand why.

"Are you sure, Tōshirō? If that's the case, I'll just order a lot of wontons, and we can share those." Emiko wasn't exactly starving, so she would be fine with simply getting a lot of her favorite food.

"Er, yes, that works fine."

Once the waiter returned, the couple placed their food and drink orders, waiting patiently for them to arrive. Within minutes, a plate of steaming wontons was placed in the center, making Emiko eagerly eye a few of them in particular. Hitsugaya took a sip of his drink as he fondly watched the strawberry blonde examine the food.

While he wouldn't exactly admit it in public, Hitsugaya couldn't be happier to finally be with Emiko. After so many years of mixed, confusing emotions, he had finally begun to understand exactly what it was about this girl that had drawn him to her for so long. He loved her, and Emiko loved him, too. Neither had admitted that to the other yet, though.

"Ouch!" Emiko quickly sat down a half eaten wonton as she took a large drink from her glass, in an attempt to cool her burning tongue. "Dang wit." She muttered in an almost pouty sort of tone. "I thought it had tooled down."

"Apparently not." Hitsugaya chuckled lightly as he gave a caring smile to Emiko. "Would you like me to help you with that?" He felt as if his heart was beating from his chest as he said the words, and when Emiko gave him a raised eyebrow in response, he only chuckled more. This time, however, it was due to the nervous feeling he felt.

"Here." Toshiro moved from across the table over to Emiko's side, gently lifting her chin up. "Let me see your tongue." With all of his might, he commanded his voice not to shake at the moment.

Hesitantly, Emiko complied, opening her mouth just slightly for her boyfriend to see her pained tongue. As Hitsugaya leaned in, placing his lips against the injured area, the young Matsumoto's face flushed. She quickly retracted her tongue, instinctively making it where their lips collided.

The kiss lasted little more than a second, and as both heads pulled away, a dark red stained both sets of cheeks.

"D-Does it feel better now, E-Emiko?" Hitsugaya stuttered as he once more took his seat across the table.

"Oh, yes. Yes it does." Emiko replied with a smile. "T-Thank you."

Toshiro took another sip of his drink before picking up one of the still hot wontons. "Anytime."