strawberry lunches - ichigo x reader

Lunchtime at Karakura High, for some reason, had always been an interesting time for Ichigo Kurosaki. If it wasn't his Shinigami duties causing a scene, it was his odd cast of friends.

"Dude, Ichigo, you've got to come hear this! It's (Name)!" Keigo grabbed Ichigo's hand and pulled the teen from the classroom, dragging him through the hallways. The orange haired boy stopped the brunette, making the latter groan. "What are you doing?!"

"I could ask you the same thing!" Ichigo growled, yanking his hand away from Keigo's hold. "What is it about (Name)? Is she okay? What's wrong?" Naturally, Ichigo would be concerned about his girlfriend.

A worried expression came to the normally goofy male's face as he began to slowly lead Ichigo up the steps, stopping right at the door that led to the roof. From inside, the two could faintly hear the conversations going on outside.

"What the hell is going on, Keigo?" Ichigo questioned; Keigo only shook his head, seeming somber as he pressed the Kurosaki's face against the door. "Dammit!" Ichigo muttered.

"Just listen!" Keigo cried, hiding his tears on Ichigo's shoulder. Ichigo rolled his eyes and pressed his ear closer to the crack of the door, straining his senses.

From what he could tell, (Name) seemed to be with Orihime, Mizuiro and Tatsuki.

"So, what do you think, (Name)?" Mizuiro asked, resulting in a giggle from (Name); Ichigo would recognize her beautiful voice anywhere.

"Oh, I've never seen tasted anything more delicious! I love that little strawberry." (Name) gave a dreamy sigh as Ichigo's face flushed. What was she talking about?

"Everyone feels that way." Tatsuki laughed, resulting in laughter from Orihime as well.

"I agree, (Name)! Why, that strawberry is just the cutest!" Orihime piped in.

From inside the school, Ichigo's eyes widened in alarm. Keigo snickered silently as the other male gulped.

"S-Shit, Keigo! They're talking about me!"

"Right?" Keigo chuckled. "Keep listening!"

When Ichigo returned his attention to the group on the roof, he noticed that (Name) had once more started talking.

"-and I know I'm not speaking for everyone, but... Well, every time I see that strawberry, I imagine how it tastes." (Name) made a noise that sounded like she was licking her lips.

At this point, Ichigo had dropped to the floor, his mouth agape. The poor boy's cheeks had turned a darker red shade than Renji's hair and he had even developed a slight, startled twitch. Keigo bursted into laughter.

"Whaaaat's going on, Iiiiiiichiiiiigoooooo?"

"She wants to- (Name) wants my-" Ichigo stuttered, making Keigo laugh even more.

"Dude, that's crazy! You should totally go out there and talk to her! She is your girlfriend, after all!"

"What?!" Ichigo shouted, appalled by the idea. He couldn't ask (Name) to do anything like that, especially not at school! That was supposed to be something special and intimate, right?

"Oh, I get it! You need Love Dr. Keigo Asano to take care of things! You're having problems with your girlfriend, I see!"

"Keigo! Shut up!"

Ichigo lunged at his laughing friend, but Keigo simply evaded the attack and opened the door. Keigo darted off towards the group with Ichigo in hot pursuit. When he arrived in front of his friends, Ichigo's expression deadpanned.

In (Name)'s hand rested a bowl partially full of strawberries that had sugar delicately dusted atop of them. Upon closer examination, Orihime and Tatsuki held similar bowls with the same content.

"Oh, hey, Ichigo!" Mizuiro greeted. "I wish I'd known you were going to join us at lunch today! I made snacks for everyone."

"It would have been pretty funny to see the strawberry eating strawberries." Tatsuki commented, laughing to herself.

Needless to say, Ichigo felt like a fool now. He looked into (Name)'s innocent (e/c) eyes and gulped.

"So... You guys were talking about..." Ichigo trailed off.

"Yeah! I love it when Mizuiro brings us little treats. Do you wanna share, Ichigo?" (Name) smiled, reaching the bowl out to her boyfriend. "I'm sure you'll love the taste of these strawberries! Some of them are really sweet, like you!"

"..." Ichigo blushed again, turning around. "I'm out of here!"

"Wait!" Tatsuki yelled, realizing what Ichigo had done. "You thought (Name) was talking about you, didn't you?!" She cackled. "That's priceless, Ichigo!!"

While Mizuiro, Tatsuki, and Keigo laughed, (Name) and Orihime exchanged confused looks. Being the more naive ones of the group, they didn't understand just what was so funny about (Name) talking about strawberries.

"Later, Ichigo! I'll see you later in class!" (Name) smiled and waved, watching his flustered lover flee the scene.

Ichigo would never be able to look at strawberries the same way ever again.