sweet surprises - izuru x reader

An unusual smile crept onto the blond lieutenant's face as he slid the cooked eggs onto a small plate. The warm, tempting aroma of freshly cooked breakfast filled the air as he finished arranging everything for (Name). He couldn't wait to surprise her. Today was an important day.

As Izuru crept towards the bedroom, he made certain that he created as little noise as possible. After all, if (Name) heard him coming, it wouldn't be a genuine surprise.

Izuru gently opened the bedroom door with his shoulder, being careful not to drop his tray of goodies. When the light crept over to (Name)'s sleeping form, she began to stir in her sleep. By the time Izuru had walked over to her, (Name) was sitting up in bed. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes as she stared up at Izuru.

"Happy anniversary, (Name)," Izuru leaned down to press his lips against hers in a sweet kiss. "I hope you enjoy this."

As Izuru sat the food down on her lap, (Name) smiled up at him. "Thank you very much, Izuru," She then kissed his cheek. "Happy anniversary. I love you."

Izuru couldn't resist a large grin coming to his face. "I love you too."

His surprise had simple, but the look of sheer happiness that had come onto his wife's face was priceless.