immediate regret - shunsui x oc

[post-tybw/spoiler warning]

In the back of his mind, something had told Genshiro that going to the Captain-Commander's office at that particular moment wasn't a good idea. Whether it was something in his subconscious attempting to save him from a sight he was not now (nor would he ever be) prepared to see, or perhaps some attempted intervention from his dearly-departed former captain or lieutenant, something was attempting to pull Genshiro away from Shunsui that afternoon.

However, Genshiro continued on regardless. He didn't necessarily have important news to share with the Captain-Commander, but Genshiro was a man who liked to finish his work promptly and king before a deadline. When there was something that he needed to share with his captain, unless Shunsui was preoccupied with other matters, Genshiro always tried to tell him as soon as possible.

Today wasn't supposed to be any different.

When the older First lieutenant reached the Captain-Commander's office, he was a bit surprised to find that the door wasn't entirely shut. It was just slightly cracked, as if someone had attempted to shut it, but hadn't quite got the job done.

That in itself wasn't entirely surprising. Genshiro respected Shunsui immensely, but to say that the new Captain-Commander was considerably more... lax than his predecessor would be an understatement. An open door wasn't necessarily surprising to Genshiro.

"Captain-Commander?" Genshiro's voice was more on the quiet side as he pushed open the door to the office. "Are you—"

As soon as Genshiro's eyes landed on the sight in front of him, two feelings overwhelmed the man immediately.

The first was regret. He should have listened to the nagging feeling in his mind that told him to turn around, to speak with Shunsui later. If he insisted on speaking to him now, then Genshiro should have knocked. He should have announced his presence more loudly.

The other feeling was... embarrassment. Incredible, face-flushing shame. Genshiro had never had such a blush fan across his cheeks.

Captain-Commander Shunsui Kyouraku currently stood with his back to the door, and only the top of his shihakuso covered his body; saying that was giving it a bit too much credit, however, as the top was opened and hanging very loosely from his arms. Shunsui's hips were rocking at an almost mystifyingly quick pace, and though the brunette's frame did a good job at covering the body of the woman he was currently fucking into his desk, Genshiro much preferred it that way.

He knew that it was Shuriken who was currently bent over the desk, joyfully having her insides scrambled if the sounds she made were any indication. If there had ever been any doubt (there hadn't been) about who Shunsui was fucking, then the flash of long, dark blue hair that Genshiro caught a glimpse of falling through Shunsui's fingers erased them.

This was the single most embarrassing moment of Genshiro Okikiba's life. He needed to get out of there before they noticed that he was there. He had to.

Genshiro and Shuriken had worked together for centuries. They had shared the Third Seat position for a significant portion of that time, and the amount of time they had spent together was immeasurable. Though Genshiro had never been as close to the woman as their former lieutenant had been, Genshiro would still consider Shuriken as one of the people he appreciated most in both a personal and professional sense.

He could have gone the remainder of his life without ever seeing the woman have sex. Having to get even a glimpse at her naked form would surely send him to an early grave.

Yamamoto would pass away once again if he knew the sort of things his little girl was doing in his office...

Genshiro fiercely shook his head. Now was not the time for such thoughts. He had to leave. He had to—

Shunsui's head turned to the left the moment Genshiro finally willed himself to move. Instead of scolding Genshiro for interrupting them, Shunsui merely cracked a grin and raised his free hand to wave lazily at Genshiro. The interaction was brief and Shunsui quickly returned his focus back onto his wife.

Whether Shunsui had been teasing Genshiro for walking in on them in the first place or he had taken pity on his flustered lieutenant, Genshiro didn't complain about his captain's silent and brief greeting.

After making sure that he closed the door behind him quietly, Genshiro quickly scurried as far away from the Captain-Commander's office as possible. He didn't stop until he had settled himself in his own office, where he sat down behind his desk and held his head in his hands.

".... Lieutenant Okikiba?" Genshiro had been so caught up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed that Nanao was at her own desk, filing away some documents. "Is everything okay?"

"Ah... Yes, yes, everything is fine," The older man shook his head before he ran his hands across his face. His eyes were closed, but he swore he could still see the scarring images as clearly as if he was back in Shunsui's office. "There is... There is no reason to worry."

Nanao's curious gaze bore through him, but Genshiro was grateful that she didn't press the matter any further.

Genshiro would never speak of what he saw that day. Not to anyone. Some secrets were just better off going to the grave.