a hidden love - rukia x reader

From the moment Rukia had laid eyes on (Name), she had been mesmerized. There was something about her female squad mate that just drew Rukia to her in a way she didn't understand. When (Name) had first approached Rukia, she was ecstatic!

Was it her beauty? Her funny personality? Rukia wasn't sure why, but she really liked (Name). Once they got to know one another, some deeper feelings started to develop.

Of course, those feelings weren't one-sided at all; as Rukia soon learned, (Name) felt the same way about her.

The two began dating two months after (Name) joined the Thirteenth Division, but their relationship was kept secret. If word of it got out, the girls were afraid of the way people would treat them. After all, Rukia was a Kuchiki and (Name) had not a trace of royalty in her. If Byakuya were to find out about them from an outside source, the result would be catastrophic!

So, to the outside world, (Name) and Rukia were the best of friends who rarely left one another's side. They'd work together whenever possible and have fun when they could during the work day. But, whenever the day was over, they would go out to dinner or relax at one of their homes. Byakuya wasn't thrilled about having a 'commoner' hang around his mansion all the time, but after seeing how much she meant to Rukia, he loosened up.

Or at least, he did to some degree. In all honesty, (Name) was terrified of Byakuya. She knew very well that if he didn't approve of her relationship with Rukia, it wouldn't get very far. That broke her heart, as (Name) cared greatly for her dark-haired girlfriend.

When the time came to finally tell Byakuya about their relationship, both girls were extremely nervous. Although Rukia seemed a lot calmer about it on the outside, inside she was freaking out. They had a lot riding on Byakuya's reaction.

They decided to do it one day after work. (Name) and Rukia waited inside the Kuchiki Manor until the head of the family returned. Both of them felt a chill run down their spines. Could they really do this? Could they really tell him how they felt?

Once Byakuya had retreated to his room, Rukia took (Name)'s hand in hers and gave her an, albeit weak, smile. If Rukia didn't remain strong, how could (Name)?

"Brother? Can... Can (Name) and I talk to you for a moment?" Rukia asked after knocking on his door. "It's important."

It took a moment for a reply to come, and the girls could hear Byakuya shifting to his feet and walking to the door. Once he had opened it, he looked between the two females.

"What is it, Rukia? (Last Name)?" Byakuya asked, before noticing that their hands were intermingled. His eyes narrowed, looking towards his sister. "Is there something you would like to tell me?"

"(NAME) AND I HAVE BEEN DATING FOR THREE MONTHS AND I REALLY LOVE HER AND I'M SORRY IF YOU DON'T APPROVE!" Rukia's words came out loud and quickly, and as soon as she had finished speaking she bent over to bow to her adoptive brother. "I'm sorry, Byakuya! I'm very sorry."

(Name)'s eyes flickered between the Kuchiki siblings as both she and Rukia waited for a reply. Byakuya's eyes had widened in shock at Rukia's loud tone, but he didn't seem all that surprised by her words. Had he...?

"It is none of my business what goes on between the two of you, as long as you are being taken care of. If you're happy, you have no reason to apologize," Byakuya then turned around, glancing at Rukia over his shoulder. "Even if it is because of a commoner."

As Byakuya walked back into his room and closed the door, the females watched him in awe. He couldn't have known they were dating, could he?

"Did he-" (Name) stuttered, blinking rapidly. "Is he really okay with this?!"

"Sounds like it," Rukia replied in an equally shocked tone. "My brother actually doesn't have a problem with us being together..."

After taking a moment to process things, the girlfriend's hugged each other tightly and shared their first big kiss on the lips. With Byakuya's approval, their relationship was destined for greatness.