thunder - ichigo x reader

(Name) shivered as the thunder outside crackled, sending a boom throughout the entire house. She pulled her blanket up over her head, a small whimper coming from her lips. The girl had never been a fan of thunderstorms! They were just too scary and too loud for her.

As the storm outside continued to rage on, (Name) searched for her phone, knowing only one person would be able to help calm her down. Ichigo. The strawberry was always able to make things better whenever (Name) got upset.

After pressing the call button next to Ichigo's name on her phone, (Name) pressed the device to her ear and let it ring. Much to her displeasure, Ichigo didn't answer.

Ichigo... Where are you? (Name) thought as she shook under her blanket, squeaking when the thunder once more rolled. She couldn't handle this much longer!

As (Name) furrowed deeper under her sheets, the rain outside intensified so much that she didn't notice her front door opening and someone talking to her parents. In fact, she barely noticed her bedroom door opening.

Peeking her head out slowly from under her blanket-shield, (Name) was delighted to see her best friend standing in her doorframe. Ichigo's hair and clothes were soaked and sticking to his masculine frame, though he had a towel wrapped around his shoulders.

"Hey, (Name)." Ichigo spoke with a smile. "What's up?"

"What are you doing here, Ichigo?" (Name) asked as she slowly moved out from under her covers. "You could've been killed out there!"

"Nah," Ichigo said nonchalantly, "I was fine. It wasn't a long walk over here, anyway."

The male walked over to (Name)'s bed and sat down beside of her. After using the towel to dry his hair to the best of his abilities, Ichigo looked down at his scared friend.

"You okay?" He asked right before a loud crackle of thunder rolled by. (Name) instantly whimpered and jumped on Ichigo, hiding her face in his damp shirt.

"Hey, hey, it's all right now. There's no need to be afraid." Ichigo muttered softly as he rubbed (Name)'s back, soothing her worries and helping her relax. "I'm gonna watch after you, okay? This stupid storm won't be able to hurt you."

(Name) simply nodded and snuggled in closer to the still-wet male after grabbing her blanket and covering them both. The noises outside were horrendous and brought great fear to the girl, but each time she panicked, Ichigo was there to help her relax.

As the storm drew to an end, (Name) found herself growing more and more tired. Once the storm had finished, she drifted of to sleep in Ichigo's arms.

"Sleep well, (Name)." Ichigo mumbled with a fond expression as he gently laid his dear friend down onto her bed. He used the blanket to wrap her up, making sure that she was nice and snug before he went to leave.

As soon as he opened the door, he was stopped by (Name)'s soft, sleepy voice.

"Ichi...go?"

"Yeah, (Name)?"

"Thank you..."

"It's not a problem." Ichigo grinned. "I'll always be here for you."

Then, (Name) spoke once more, this time in a voice so quiet she thought Ichigo would never hear her.

"I love you, Ichi..."

Ichigo smiled as he walked out of her room, saying goodbye to her parents as he left.

I love you too, (Name). I love you, too.