a family of pranksters - shunsui x oc

A/N: Shuriken Natazaki, Ikonai Kyōraku, and Kiah Kyōraku are my own characters.

"... What? I'm sorry, my dear, what did you ask?" Shunsui tipped his hat back, staring down at his young daughter, a girl that appeared to be no more than five for a human child. Kiah's long hair, brunette in color like her father's, bounced around as she jumped in excitement.

"Daddy, you heard me! I want to give you a makeover! I can do your hair and paint your nails, and all sorts of stuff!"

While Shunsui looked down at young Kiah in state of near horror, his wife, seated beside of him, struggled to contain her laughter. Shuriken picked Kiah up and sat her in her lap before gently patting the girl's head.

"I think it could be a good idea, Shun. You should let her do it." Shuriken smirked deviously while Kiah cheered.

"See? Mommy says it's okay! Come on, daddy! Come on!"

Shunsui sighed and again looked to Shuriken for some sort of support; however, the woman only continued to smirk and motioned for him to stand. "She really wants to have some fun with you. Come on, don't be a boring old man, Shunsui. Let Kiah do it."

"Please, daddy? Please?" Kiah begged, wrapping her small hands around the fabric of her father's kimono. She stared at the man with sweet, innocent eyes that were as soothing a blue color as her mother's. How could anyone say 'no' to such an adorable little girl?

"All right, all right. Let's go." Shunsui smiled as he took young Kiah's hand, helping her out of her mother's lap. "Well, Ri, we'll be back!" He chuckled as he reluctantly allowed his daughter to lead him back to her and her brother's room.

Ikonai, who had been sitting silently on his mother's other side, looked up with an excited smile. He stood up on the couch and whispered into Shuriken's ear, "Ki's been planning this all day. Daddy's gonna look great."

Shuriken just laughed and swept her son into her arms, unable to hide her amusement. She absolutely loved that their children were as mischievous as her and her husband were.

-

"Mommy, Iko, are you ready to see daddy?" Kiah's excited voice reached Shuriken's ears before her face appeared by the door frame. The woman smiled, gently shaking the young boy who had fallen asleep in her lap.

"Of course we are, Kiah. I'm sure your father looks beautiful." Shuriken grinned at her daughter, excited to see what she'd come up with.

Ikonai, who had sprung up into the seat beside of his mother upon realizing what was going on, looked towards his sister in anticipation. Kiah must've made their dad look perfect.

"Great! All righty now, come on out, dad!" Kiah shouted excitedly towards their room as she bounced on the heels of her feet. She couldn't wait for her little prank to begin.

"Just know the world isn't ready for this!" Shunsui chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh boy..." Ikonai snickered under his breath as he heard the door to their room open. Shuriken bit her bottom lip, knowing that it would be hard to hold back a laugh once Shunsui was visible.

Surely enough, the brunette captain was quite the sight to see. His beautiful locks were hidden under a hat while his facial hair had been coloured in white. Shunsui had exaggerated wrinkles drawn across his face, and his eyes, by order of Kiah, remained closed.

The obvious Genryūsai cosplay was hilarious to say the least. Shuriken's attempts to hide her laughter were utterly crushed as she fell to the floor, her sides aching. Ikonai couldn't stop grinning as he too laughed, falling beside of his mother to mimic her. Shunsui began to grin at the sight, but Kiah scolded him for it.

Couldn't ruin the Captain-Commander's image now, could they?

-

"Can we go show Uncle Jū how good daddy looks?" Ikonai asked as he sat up, wiping his tears of laughter on his sleeve. "I'm sure he'd love it!"

"I don't doubt it!" Shunsui laughed, walking over to his son and ruffling his hair. Kiah had finally allowed him to break character. "But I'm not sure leaving the house like this would be good for me. Don't want Ol' Yama to see me dressed up like him."

"What about Uncle Chō?" Kiah asked, looking towards her mother. Shuriken laughed again just at the thought.

Her division's lieutenant certainly wouldn't be happy with seeing such a display.

"Oh, I'm sure Chōjirō would love to see your dad paying 'homage' to our captain! Don't you, Shun?"

"You sound like you're trying to get me in trouble, Ri." Shunsui laughed, looking over at his wife fondly. The kooky situations that their little family got into were ones that he wouldn't change at all.

"Nah, babe. Of course not." Shuriken smiled back at Shunsui with the same love obvious on her face.

"I love you, Ri." Shunsui blew the navy-haired woman a kiss, something both of their children seemed grossed out by.

"I love you too, Shun." Shuriken went over to her husband and gave him a long, sweet kiss. They smiled against each other's familiar, welcoming lips as their children pretended to gag. When they separated, Shuriken leaned against Shunsui's chest.

"MOMMY KISSED GRANDPA!" Ikonai and Kiah yelled at the same time, making Shuriken's mouth drop. Her eyes were wide as she stared at her kids, completely shocked.

They'd been pranking her all along, and she knew that now. Their dancing, laughing, and teasing made that obvious.

When Shunsui started to laugh along with the kids, Shuriken lightly slapped his chest. She felt many ways, such as embarrassed, impressed, proud, and tricked. Shunsui kissed the top of his wife's head as the kids skipped through the house, proclaiming that they couldn't wait to tell everyone about what had happened.

"They're something else, aren't they?" Shunsui commented softly as he looked towards where their children had gone. "Little pranksters just like we were when we were younger."

"You say this like we've changed." Shuriken smiled, looking up at her lover. "It's quite odd being on the other end of the joke, though! They've already started at such a young age..."

"Well, Yama did always say that we'd get our payback one day for all the hell we raised." Shunsui chuckled. "What a sad time it is to see him be right."

"Times are changing. The old, wise one is finally making sense." Shuriken gave an exasperated, overly-dramatic sigh.

"Yeah, the same old guy that you just locked lips with." Shunsui teased, wiggling his eyebrows at his wife. Shuriken rolled her eyes before lightly thumping his chest once more.

"You're such an ass, Shun."

"Ah, I know I am, my dear. But you wouldn't have me any other way."

And with that, the couple shared another sweet kiss. Shunsui and Shuriken couldn't be any more proud of their little mischievous children.