2

Wanting to Escape (1)

I sighed deeply while opening the closet to go out.

Two worn-out gray training suits...

After I stopped growing, I wasn't given any more clothes. Other than that, there were only old leather hair ties and rough cotton indoor clothes.

I can't believe these are the only clothes I have in such a nice mansion. I knew it, but anger rose in me again.

I originally accepted without much thought.

"You can't focus on the sword if you're obsessed with dressing up."

Now that she has passed away, she is not in this mansion, but my mother, Caitlyn used to say that.

In the meantime, of course, I thought she was right.

Ian had also believed that he should not ask for anything other than a sword without winning.

However, when I remembered my previous life, I objectively realized how pitiful my situation was.

"Have a meal, lady."

The meal brought by the maid was more irritating.

It was just a bunch of dry, tasteless meat and a few veggie leaves that were about to wither.

"Diet control is essential for the body."

Reid and Caitlyn always ate upscale meals, and I ate only a few meals by myself in a room.

Very occasionally, they would give me part of the leftovers.

Up until now, food has been thought of only as fuel for the body to perform swordsmanship.

But, I know that this is not the only life I can live. So, I shouldn't go by eating this kind of garbage.

"Is there anything else? I get tired of eating like this every day."

As I grumbled, the maid responded kindly.

"But until the swordsmanship competition... Mr. Reid told me to take special care of you."

Even after the swordsmanship contest was over, he still gave me meals like this with the words: 'unfortunately, you finished second, so you should prepare for the next swordsmanship contest from today'.

But now, I don't even have the strength to make a fuss, so I quietly picked up the fork.

'Ugh, it doesn't taste good.'

As far as I know, this is low-grade meat, and it was the worst meat in all of my memories from my previous life.

'It's really bad that the meat doesn't taste good.'

However, since I was going to use my body today, I had no choice but to swallow it up and eat it all.

I picked up the best condition of the training clothes in the closet and brought my sword.

On the way out of the mansion, Reid was enjoying an afternoon tea set with some pretty girls who he had invited.

'That scum...'

In the meantime, I wanted to get just one sandwich, but I didn't have time.

I looked and went out to the side of the road. Even though it was the world I saw every day, the air felt somehow different.

Just remembering my past life made me realize that it was a world in a book.

Above all else, I looked around the street and saw a lot of handsome men.