78

Closer to Body and Mind (2)

And the next day, my uncle called us over and served us the last breakfast.

"Annabelle?"

Uncle asked as he brought out spicy tomato stew that was good for a hangover.

"The little duke and I drank too much alcohol yesterday, but what's wrong with your face?"

"Maybe it's because the bed has changed..."

Ian was drinking water next to me, and he said indifferently.

"No way. I slept perfectly last night. Did you sleep with the window open?"

To be honest, I couldn't answer because I had never checked to see if the window was open or closed.

"Looking at it the other day, you didn't even check it and went straight to bed. Checking the condition of the room before sleeping is one of the basics..."

"Perhaps... It must not have been that you two really slept in the same bed the day before yesterday."

Ian's nagging was blocked by my uncle's words.

I couldn't say much because my uncle himself had created this situation, but he seemed quite uncomfortable.

"No! We slept separately!"

After hurriedly denying, I secretly asked Ian.

"Well... Did you sleep well because you were alone yesterday?"

"It's not because I slept well, but because I was too drunk."

Ian answered in a voice that was calm.

"I can't even remember how I got to the room."

In the end, it was said that Ian didn't remember anything and slept well.

It also meant that I was the only one who had trouble sleeping because of the past that I learned anew.

'Well, it's all a thing of the past. Let's forget about it too. That's good.'

Of course, I thought it was good, but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable.

My uncle shrugged his shoulders and said.

"Since you got a hangover, it was a good drink, wasn't it?"

"I think so."

I stayed silent while the two of them talked about what they drank yesterday.

It was a bit awkward to make eye contact with Ian.

I wondered if this strange feeling would go away if I quickly got out of Caronda.

"Leave it to me. Please do not worry and return safely."

After breakfast, when it was time for us to leave, my uncle resolutely told Ian.

"The criminals will be closely monitored until the knights arrive from the imperial family."

"Yes."

I smiled and greeted my uncle.

My uncle added, shaking his head.

"How could Lanella be such a heinous criminal? I thought she was stupid but a really nice girl..."

I asked, blinking my eyes.

"She was stupid?"

"She wanted to pretend to be smart, but she wasn't. You can't hide that."

After all, she didn't seem very smart when she secretly vomited out a lot of information last night.