96

Qualifications of the Mind (1)

(3rd person pov)

Robert smiled sadly as he looked at Annabelle's back, who had disappeared in an instant.

Obviously, the main character of the banquet was himself, who had his birthday today, but it was like Annabelle was the main character instead.

From her first appearance, she was breathtakingly beautiful, as well as her superb dancing skills.

He was also forced to swallow the words she was pretty when she pulled off her skirt and raised her sword.

As expected, Annabelle stood out the most when she was holding her sword.

"Contract marriage for the throne."

Robert muttered without even thinking of looking for a partner other than Annabelle.

"Contract marriage for the throne."

Anyway, the music came back and the banquet continued amidst the chaos.

Among those who began to dance carefully, Robert mumbled Annabelle's orders three times.

"Contract marriage for the throne..."

Then he took a deep breath.

"...Even if I mumble three times, I still can't get it."

His purpose was to become the emperor.

It was just his identity since childhood.

He was born as the son of a lowly dancer, and even though he had no foundation, he wanted to somehow rise to the throne of emperor.

He was confident that he would at least become a much better emperor than Carlon.

As he began to set up a confrontational angle, Carlon's true identity, which he had guessed, was evil.

So he had to become emperor himself, even for the sake of the empire.

It was in that sense at first that he became close to Annabelle.

When she warned of terrorism for him, she was right and he approached her because he thought he might be able to find out something through the Marquis of Abedes.

It was because he was eager to even grab Carlon's little tail.

But at some point, all those intentions faded.

But Annabelle noticed quickly, and she nailed him, saying, 'you shouldn't like me'.

"Prince."

Then one of the noble maidens approached cautiously and asked.

"Are Miss Annabelle and you...possibly in a deep relationship?"

Robert smiled brightly mechanically.

As he could see, a lot of people's attention was focused on that.

"Because Miss Annabelle is a commoner... Did you just ask for a partner for some reason without any rational meaning?"

Actually, that was correct.

It was all part of the scheme.

Still, no such answer came.

He was about to respond with a friendly expression, but the Emperor interrupted.

"Heh heh, Robert."

The Emperor's green eyes were shining sharply.

He must have been very nervous because a lot of things had happened.