7

Wanting to Escape (6)

"What happened?"

Reid asked urgently as soon as I got home.

He thought I went out to see Ian's injury with my own eyes.

"It failed."

I replied bluntly without making eye contact with him.

"At that rate of collapse, it was easy for him to avoid it. You should have used a more expensive bomb."

Meanwhile, using cheap bombs to save money was clearly a visible terror.

Reid sighed and touched his forehead.

"Oh my."

Then he added with a huff.

"That's all right, there's plenty more opportunities to come."

Yes, there were still plenty of opportunities. More chances for us to go to jail.

Especially this time, it was really dangerous.

That was because Ian, who later had doubts, investigated and added the 'target was the prince' to the Hibiscus case.

Reid knew Ian regularly booked Hibiscus' out-of-the-way spots. (t/n: or hidden spots)

That was why when it was set up, I couldn't have imagined that the person he was supposed to meet was Robert.

'Actually, it must have been too much with Reid's intelligence.'

I left him and went up to my room and laid on the bed, thinking.

'Ian is close enough with Robert to meet regularly.'

Even the prince seemed to want to be friendly with Ian.

He was the strongest swordsman in the world, had a good personality, a great family, and no interest in politics.

'I'm envious, this male lead buff... Hah.'

I could see him as a man who had everything except for a genuinely friendly personality.

After all, it would lead him to a perfect female lead just like him.

Anyways, the genre of this novel is rofan, so this was romance.

Of course, the response in the comments said it was just plain in the novel.

Because Ian was so perfect and handled everything with common sense, the majority opinion said that it was rather 'unattractive'.

'Well, there are no downsides to living in it, so it's best to be normal.'

The crazy male lead would be someone else's lover, but never as mine.

And Ian would never get entangled with me.

'Let's pick a guy who's easy and handsome, similar to Ian.'

Anyways, I thought Ian would never let it slide this time. I was sure he'd grab and push me to ask what happened.

After I made up an excuse to give a rough answer if he did ever ask, I went to bed comfortably.

If he tried to pry, I would just roughly curse at him and run away.

It was fortunate to some extent that I, in the beginning, said a lot of nonsensical words and acted without thinking twice.

I didn't have any restrictions or hesitation on what I did.

But the next day, I encountered an unexpected situation.