85

Closer to Body and Mind (9)

「First, if you keep the transferred divine power in your body for a long time, there will be side effects. Therefore, it must be exhausted immediately.」

This meant that he could not continue to have the power he received from others.

「Second, after using the transferred divine power, all kinds of thoughts, emotions, and memories are shared with each other.」

"Wow, that's terrible."

Cessianne murmured, shaking her body.

The concept of sharing emotions, memories, and thoughts was a huge penalty.

"Who would want to share the divine power in such unfavorable conditions?"

Even mutual agreement was necessary, so it could not be taken by force.

"...But the great villains will do something about it."

Cessianne calmly turned to the next chapter and continued her writing.

She didn't forget to curse Bellinock inwardly.

'While I am suffering like this, the High Priest may be resting comfortably by now.'

But Cessianne's prediction was wrong.

Bellinock was sighing deeply in agony.

He had been unable to sleep these days because of the thought of facing Carlon.

He told Carlon that he couldn't find the origin of the third black magic, but Carlon did not accept that.

It was his command to find it somehow.

Of course, the 'origin of black magic' from another world was not something that could be known from this world.

The first two were discovered by sacrificing two powerful ancient magical items deep within the imperial palace.

And since there was nothing more to offer, he joined hands with Bellinock to find the other one.

The only contract the priest could make with the devil was to offer a huge amount of divine power.

The divine power was the power of blessing to benefit the people of this world, so just making it disappear meant betraying the god and the empire.

Desiring for the seat of the high priest, he quickly grabbed Carlon's hand, but when he offered his divine power, the demon did not answer. It was because he lacked power.

The urging continued.

And he replied that when Carlon left the Empire, he couldn't do it even after all this time.

But the answer from Carlon was firm.

「Even if you lose your divine power, find the origin of the third black magic.」

Carlon was now returning to the Empire.

He said he was coming much faster than he even planned to cast a high-intensity acceleration spell on the carriage.

"Find the origin of black magic. Then I will make you a high priest."

Bellinock had always been a weakling to Carlon.

It was because it was Carlon who put him in this position, who had risen to the top of the nomination list, but lacked the confidence to become high priest.

It was the power that made even a priest with insufficient power into a high priest.

Of course, if you gave your power to the devil, your next life would be completely ruined...