90

How to Use the Opponent's Trap (4)

(3rd person pov)

"But Prince..."

Richard protested as if he was wrongly accused, and Carlon shook his head and slyly said.

"You may doubt Miss Annabelle's sword skills, but it was too much. Miss Annabelle is famous in foreign countries too."

"Foreign countries?"

"My escort, who was newly brought from elsewhere, kept talking."

Carlon continued, pointing to Lagian behind him.

"He wanted to compete with Miss Annabelle. He said he would win easily, but I was stopping him."

"It's okay, Prince."

Richard replied with a mean smile.

"Anabelle won't even be in second place anyway."

"Hmm, Miss Annabelle Rainfield."

Carlon looked at Annabel and spoke softly.

"Would you like to have a friendly duel here? In fact, my new escort wants to keep fighting you."

Carlon was confident that there were no swordsmen who would not fall for this.

Annabelle had been suspicious of her skills so far, but it was ridiculous to step down from here.

"I don't want to have a friendly duel, Prince."

Annabelle expressed her courtesy to Carlon and spoke firmly.

"I want to have a serious duel. Because..."

Carlon wanted to cheer for Annabelle's words, but he had no choice but to make a slight expression when he heard the following words.

"It wasn't just me who will be looked down on, but it would be an insult to His Majesty's eye since he said he was impressed with my match."

Even the emperor, who had no thoughts at the words, looked, 'Is that so?'.

"Of course, I will engage in a duel for the honor of His Majesty the Emperor."

Suddenly, Annabelle became a loyalist who pulled a sword for the emperor.

"Oh, Miss Annabelle."

The emperor blinked with an expression of excitement.

"Are you pulling a sword out for me...? It's an honor."

He had been longing for swordsmanship by reading books about swordsmen since he was young, but expectations were already high in the eyes of the emperor, whose physical strength did not follow.

'It's okay. She's going to lose anyway.'

Carlon tried to suppress the ominous feeling he felt somewhere and thought.

'The more you go around like that, the greater your disappointment will grow.'

Lagian, who was standing behind Carlon, clicked on the sword he was holding with excitement.

Carlon applauded once then called attention and said.

"Then, since you don't have a sword and you don't feel comfortable in your clothes, let's move to the imperial dressing room..."

"No, Prince. Thank you for your consideration, but I can fight here."

Annabelle smiled and said.

"The movement path is enough from here to here, so that it won't harm anyone. And you don't have to care about my clothes."