16

Strange things I've believed in (4)

'Already?'

I was startled to see blood flowing from Ian's nose.

It was the first time I'd seen his blood, even though I'd swung a sword around him very hard every time I saw him.

I could only relax after checking that the book in his hand was intact.

Besides, it wasn't nosebleed magic.

It was a relief that I forgot to knock because I was rushing over.

'Not yet.'

To be exact, the bookmark that was stuck in that book was the problem.

'If I had felt strange, I would've covered it up right away.'

That bookmark was a magic item that Reid had illegally managed to get.

After carefully examining the books that Ian pre-ordered at the bookstore, Reid secretly inserted the bookmark inside.

From favorite bars to book reservations...

It seemed that Reid's talent, which he had yet to find other than spending money, was in stalking.

Naturally, Ian thought it was just part of a service, so he roughly put it in any page.

'That should've never happened.'

That was the perfect proof that Annabelle Nadit was trying to hurt Ian.

The flower-shaped bookmark had black magic that reduced vision.

The first symptom was that when the smoke from the small explosion was visible, the vision would become red and blurred.

The sight would then gradually diminish, which could then lead to blindness.

Black magic required 'blood drawn directly by a person who hates their opponent'.

Even if I looked here and there and looked out into space, it had to be my blood.

Actually, I was excited to draw my blood and deliver it to Reid.

"Here's my blood! I can really beat Ian with this, right?"

"Of course, if he loses his sight, how can he swing a sword at his opponent?"

"Well... there are many people who are good at swordsmanship even if they can't see."

"Really? But isn't it better to be invisible than to be seen?"

"That's right. That's right."

Why did I draw my blood because I liked it (t/n: the plan)...

No matter how much I blame the past, it was useless.

Even if I rolled back and forth, I was really an irresistible villain.

No matter how hard I tried to say 'it wasn't me' in this situation, it was obvious that no one would believe me.

It was actually something I had done in the past.

In the original story, while Ian was reading a book, that bookmark exploded, but Ian threw the book away with a tremendous reflex.

Even as the main character, he retrieved the bookmark without taking any damage and immediately commissioned it to the Wizards' Guild.

The result came right after the swordsmanship contest...

My life then came to an end when all the things that have tried to harm him were revealed.