82

Closer to Body and Mind (6)

We agreed late that day to come up with some plans together. It was because I didn't want to end it simply by winning against the opponent.

Winning against a foreign swordsman was not enough. Somehow, I'd have to dig up the opponent's weaknesses, use it, and drive them into a corner.

Of course, I was very active in devising such a scheme.

"Miss Annabelle, how can you come up with such a mean thought of hitting someone in the back of the head like this?"

Robert shook his head in admiration, and I quickly nailed it.

"See, you fell for it. I hope that you will immediately shout 'contract marriage for the throne' three times in your heart."

(tl/n: Robert's saying he couldn't believe how Annabelle could come up with an evil plan while Annabelle's saying the whole point is that he fell for it.)

"Shout it out five times."

Ian seriously spoke.

'Ha...'

I glanced at Ian with a chilly sensation.

Ian then spoke again.

"The prince is a man who acts only for the throne."

"Ian."

Robert replied with a sigh.

"You looked sour when we were planning."

I shook my head.

"It's not that he's indifferent, it's just he wouldn't have anything to say."

To be honest, Ian wasn't very helpful because he was so fair-minded that he didn't fit in with conspiracy or scheme.

"I would have thought you had to sweep everything away rather than doing things in such complicated ways."

Although the opponent had yet to show his identity to sweep and win.

In this case, I was more prominent than Ian.

It was because I was equipped with all the lowly attitudes I had been learning from Reid and Caitlyn.

"Anyway, if we make it this far, I believe the prince will do an amazing job."

"Get ready. I wish the banquet would come sooner rather than later."

"Yes."

"Soon, I will formally send an invitation to the Rainfield Mansion with the details of the partner application."

It was Ian who slowly responded to Robert's exasperated words.

"It won't be the Rainfield Mansion, it'll be the Duke of Wade's."

He kept his mouth shut the whole time with a gloomy face, and added in a low voice.

"Also, there seems to be no need for an escort that day."

"Yes?"

Startled at Ian's words, I blinked and asked.

"You're coming?"

"Then you thought I wouldn't go?"

"I thought you didn't go to places like banquets."

As far as I knew, in the original story, he didn't attend such banquets, so I thought he wouldn't come.

"What are you talking about? It's the prince's birthday banquet."

"Ian."

Robert smiled shyly.