35

Paternity Test (5)

The Duchess of Wade and Ian were sitting in the VIP section close to the stage.

"Now, we will hold the official's retirement ceremony."

Boring procedures continued, but there was only one scene everyone wanted to see.

While Ian was sitting in a straight posture and staring at the stage, people whispered.

"Isn't she gorgeous when she dresses up? I didn't know Miss Annabelle was so pretty."

"Clothes are just clothes, but her expression is different. She has always been frowning, so it's good to see her with that expression."

Annabelle in a beautiful dress looked so excited.

Of course, she was excited about the rich single life that would unfold.

However, everyone who didn't know the situation thought she was happy to be a member of the Marquis Abedes.

"Then she won't have to be the winner of the swordsmanship competition."

"She won't be going to the Duke of Wade's mansion every day and she won't bother Ian anymore, right?"

"There's no reason for them to get tangled up now. It would be nice."

Ian felt like he was strangely getting worse.

Of course, the worst thing about the conversations heard around him was the conversation his parents were sharing.

"If it ends up like this, he'll never want to admit it."

Leslie grumbled with an expression of being upset.

"Obviously, things are going well between her and Prince Robert that her family are even trying to use her politically."

It's been a long time since she talked about politics.

"I can see it at first glance...but what can I do?"

Braden, who was talking to Leslie, answered.

"Are you sure she's doing really well with Prince Robert? That might not be the case."

"I heard that the person who has never had a scandal before had dinner and went to the opera together with her."

Leslie stared at him and replied.

"If it's not going well, then what is it?""

"...The prince may intend to use Miss Annabelle."

"Hey, Miss Annabelle didn't even ask for it first, but she said that he gave permission right away. Isn't that just further proof that things are going well?"

In fact, everyone was making such guesses thanks to Robert's immediate approval of the paternity test.

Leslie took a step further and spoke seriously.

"Honey, if Miss Annabelle becomes a noble, she can marry Prince Robert, right?"

"Marriage?"

"Of course, there is no law that says that a commoner cannot marry an imperial family, but it must have been unprecedented."

"No, that's... Ian?""

Braden was speechless by his wife's question, and eventually changed the subject by talking to Ian.

"Relax your hands. The handle of the chair will break. What's that look for? You're not watching rotten onions."

"Okay."