142

After Quitting Being Your Rival (8)

"So, Your Majesty..."

Robert said, barely resisting the urge to touch his forehead.

"You mean you made such a bet with the Duke of Wade?"

The Emperor, who had previously confided to Robert a bet with the Duke of Wade, frowned and nodded his head.

"...Well, who knew Ian could be so crazy but be quiet about it? Shouldn't you know since you were always close?"

At the Emperor's words, Robert could not blame anything.

Robert had already admitted to himself that he had been defeated by Ian.

Ian gave up the victory in the last swordsmanship competition, and slaughtered even those enormous monsters, and the sincerity that ran to Annabelle was literally great.

If you think about how much sacrifice he could make for Annabelle... Robert wasn't confident.

So he was bitter, but he decided to appease his disappointment by becoming a good emperor and leading the prosperity of the empire.

However, he began to sincerely worry about the Imperial finances.

"Aren't you lucky? Because Maiena said she wouldn't withdraw her promised funding."

The condition for Maiena to lend her money was the marriage of Annabelle and Robert.

But after knowing that Annabelle's heart was not with Robert, she didn't say much.

After all, it was because the first compromise was started over the issue of suffrage, and the marriage issue was mentioned unilaterally because of the ambivalence Maiena had for Annabelle.

"But the Treasury has some money to fill..."

Robert, who finished the calculation quickly, said anxiously.

"You can fill that up by confiscating the property of the Marquis of Abedes. How will the numbers match once they are all disposed of?"

"Still, it will be tight."

"The cost of maintaining the dignity of the Empress and the Crown Prince remains... I have also ordered you to dispose of all the treasures of the post-deceased people."

Robert felt a heavy burden of responsibility on his shoulders.

Even if the position of the crown prince that was so desired was scheduled, the accident that the previous Emperor had struck was too great.

To be able to rot his head in financial trouble like this...

Still, it was when he was thinking about how he could use the money of the commoners' assembly...

"Anyway, tomorrow is the friendly match."

"...Yes."

"On that day, the crown prince appointment ceremony will be taken lightly. Are you fine?"

"Yes, of course."

Robert noticed the Emperor's will and nodded his head.

It was a situation in which the crown prince was changed due to an unfortunate incident.

Although it was not Robert's fault, it was also an incident where the authority of the Imperial Family was reduced.

Therefore, it was good in the long run to move on smoothly without attracting as much attention as possible.

The friendly match between Annabelle and Ian was a good opportunity for that.

"I think it would be appropriate to briefly mention after giving a tribute to the eradication of black magic. In terms of taking care of the main characters, the plan will be pretty good."