94

How to Use the Opponent's Trap (8)

In particular, the young man sent signals here and there with earnest eyes. And in the end, there were people who raised their hands awkwardly.

The duel would have been a little too burdensome to openly side with him. Wasn't the atmosphere even good because of the tribute to His Majesty?

However, if I were in the top ten, anyone could judge that there was no risk.

"Yeah, a little... The pants inside the dress... It was a bit strange."

"There are too many jewels..."

"I think it's too much. It's not pretty."

People who worked on the Empress's side began to spew their dissatisfaction.

Even my softened expression contributed to that.

"Hmm."

Robert looked around the people and said.

"It's strange. Those who raised their hands now, aren't they all nobles who are close to the Empress?"

A moment of embarrassment flashed across the Empress's face.

Now, the moment I asked to raise their hands, in a way, it was as if the people who received the order automatically came out.

It was Ian who received those words.

"How boring."

He said looking around with terrifying red eyes.

"I can see why my mother doesn't show up very often at social events. Even though it's been a long time, it's the same. It seems that the custom of forming a 'group' and undermining commoners for no reason is still prevalent."

This led to the inference that 'the Empress and her close aristocrats were plotting to insult Annabelle Rainfield'.

At those words, the Emperor touched his forehead as if in pain.

"...Empress."

"Ah, no. No, Your Majesty."

"You...."

"It was absolutely not that I wanted to create this kind of atmosphere..."

"It would be better for the Empress to go in."

"I am sorry! Your Majesty, I..."

"Yeah, go inside!"

The Emperor was really furious. Needless to say, the banquet was not only attended by nobles.

People who played musical instruments, people who cleaned the dishes, and those who did maintenance were all commoners, and what they saw and heard here would be passed on to the commoners' council.

It didn't matter if it was true or not, because they will create public opinion by making up the most provocative words.

'It will be rumored that the prince's partner had the power to openly disgrace someone even without any evidence.'

Of course, such rumors could not be stopped.

In the first place, there were many ears to hear and eyes to see.

However, the problem was that it could be caught by the commoners' assembly, which is gradually gaining influence.

From the Emperor's point of view, he had to show the Empress how to draw a line somewhere.

'She won't be able to enter the social world for a while.'

I chuckled inwardly, thinking.

'She must be known as an incompetent classist who decided to demean a commoner who defended the Emperor's honor by defeating a foreigner.'