161

Pregnancy

"Oh, so..."

Leslie gave a lively answer to the difficult question Annabelle had barely been able to ask.

"Why did you only give birth to Ian?"

Now, more than a year after enjoying her honeymoon, Annabelle was now seriously considering pregnancy.

Ian inherited the title and was active as a competent Duke of Wade, and Annabelle was also very well adapted to the position of the Duchess as well as the Knight Commander.

Leslie and Braden moved from the Duke of Wade's and were traveling and living a peaceful old age life.

Still, Leslie often came up to the capital to have Oscar's food.

It was the day she ate her fill with Annabelle.

Annabelle still liked to eat delicious food even though she became a duchess, especially with Leslie.

It was something Ian or other family members could understand.

And in this meeting with Leslie, she asked why she gave birth to only Ian.

It was because she thought she should know in advance if there was a story that the Wade family held precious or something.

"It's..."

Leslie replied with a quiver, as if she were appalled at the thought.

"The pregnancy was so terrible. Braden told me not to do it again, and I agreed."

"Oh, terrible?"

"Yes. I threw up just by drinking water. I had severe morning sickness. I lost 5kg, maybe?"

Annabelle dropped her fork.

Leslie's failure to eat must have been the absurd tragedy of her life.

"I was the one who ate stew on the day I hurt my leg with tears dripping down my eyes..."

Leslie went on seriously.

"At that time, I couldn't even look at a single fruit...and I felt like I was suffering from a terrible hangover just lying still."

"Oh..."

"But what was more painful was during childbirth."

Leslie frowned as if she remembered all the pain of the time, a long time ago.

"I was really, really, really, really sick."

"...What?"

"There's nothing more I can express. It hurt so much. Seriously, it's no use explaining it. It's not something you can understand without going through it anyway."

Annabelle somehow lost her appetite and didn't even think about picking up a fork.

A few months ago, Cessianne gave birth to a cute niece.

Just looking at her, the soft little being was so lovely that Annabelle wanted to have a child too. Read only at pm tl.

Then Cessianne spoke brightly and cheerfully with her baby in her arms.

"Conceiving and giving birth to life is a holy thing. It's a blessing from God. If you think about it like that, you can overcome even the biggest pain."

It was something she would say, but now that Annabelle thought about it, it means that the "biggest pain" was true anyway.

Annabelle deliberately didn't ask Marilyn about her childbirth.