13

Strange things I've believed in (1)

Why the hell was Ian here?

As I was muttering about the cake at the unexpected appearance of him, Robert asked again.

"Why are you here all of a sudden?"

"...That."

Ian hesitated a little.

It was then.

"Late greetings, it's Aaron Rainfield."

Instead of his usual training clothes, Aaron appeared elegantly dressed in a uniform.

Although, he didn't show up with Ian to change clothes.

"Since the prince is here, my father would've personally greeted you, but please understand that since he's not in town, I'll be doing the honor instead. How was the food?"

So, it was to welcome the royal family and make his mark as the representative.

"It was great, what about Miss Annabelle?"

"Everything was good thanks to you, Your Highness. I had a great time."

The imperial family must be great, for it was enough to make Aaron rush here to say hello from the duke's residence.

I blinked slowly while taking another sip of wine.

The fact that Anabelle Nadit, Marquis' illegitimate daughter, ate in a restaurant with Prince Robert would spread to the aristocracy.

'I don't care.'

I have no intention of becoming a member of an aristocratic family anymore.

It was a desire that Caitlyn and Reid had almost brainwashed me to be recognized by the Marquis of Abedes.

To be honest, I didn't work hard because I wanted to become a noble.

It was only because if I got first place, I knew Caitlyn and Reid would then love me happily.

'I can't get love anyways, and now I don't even want to get along well with someone like Reid.'

Sadly, when I came up with a plan to hurt Ian with Reid, I had the thought of becoming intimate with him.

So, I agreed excitedly to all sorts of bad things.

'It was stupid.'

'You don't have to be loved by your family.'

When I let go of that thought, my resentment towards the Marquis of Abedes disappeared completely, and I thought that I should just eat and live well.

As I was drinking the wine, I felt a gaze on one of my cheeks.

It was Ian

"Then why are you here?"

I asked bluntly because I had Robert confirm that Ian really hated me.

Even though I deserved to be criticized for the way I acted and everything, I still felt a little hurt.

He had the most rotten expression I had ever seen.

"That's..."

As always, I patted the sword behind my back.

We didn't need to say hello to each other and explain why we were here.

"Since you appeared like this, of course, we should fight!"

When Ian and I met, all we could do was start a fight.