77

Closer to Body and Mind (1)

(Annabelle's pov)

This was a really unexpected situation.

I was just excited and came to tell Ian two facts.

First, the origin of the third black magic is unknown to Crown Prince Carlon.

Second, it seemed that the origin of the black magic had been discovered by the temple's collaborator who dedicated his divine power to the devil.

I think I came because I was so proud, but I suddenly got stuck in bed.

I was very uncomfortable lying down on the bed, so I poked him once, and what kind of disaster is this?

"What?"

Ian's red eyes were eerily sinking.

It was a voice that sounded much more hazy than usual.

I couldn't reach it, but the pressure from his closely overlapped body was enormous, so I swallowed my dry saliva.

He looked down at me with a displeased look.

"Are you trying to surprise me even when I'm about to sleep?"

It was a tone of coldness dripping.

Come to think of it, it was also a tone that I hadn't heard for a long time.

But for me, it was really unfair.

No, what was wrong with the reaction that he suddenly touched me after sleeping well in one room last night?

"I'm so tired of it, Annabelle Nadit." (tl/n: oh shi man)

"...What?"

I was dumbfounded, so I stared blankly at Ian, who was holding my wrist and pressing it down.

'What do you mean Annabelle Nadit?'

Come to think of it, I didn't notice at first because of the smell of soap that seemed to have just washed it away, but the smell of alcohol was strong on him.

He must have become completely drunk while drinking with my uncle.

"I'm really not in a good condition today. So..."

Ian slowly stood up and said coldly.

"...Go away to your brother Reid, who is just like you."

I couldn't believe you mentioned "Reid".

Ian, who I knew, was never a human being to screw people in such an informal way. When I heard "brother," I immediately grasped the situation, and I laughed because I was speechless.

Now... Wasn't he drunk and visioning the past alone?

'What kind of drink did you have?'

In the past, the two of us hated each other very much. Of course I didn't hate him now, but...

"After all, even if you try for a hundred years, you can't beat me."

Ian's words hardened my pride.

Even if it was a fact that was fully acknowledged, it was a bad feeling to hear such words directly from the person concerned.

If I had to cut down on my skills, I was also willing to go back to the past.

"I know, I know!"

I shouted at him.

"If it's a tree that you still can't climb, you don't even have to try!"

"You have the wrong mindset."