6

Wanting to Escape (5)

As soon as Ian arrived at the downtown bar, Hibiscus, a waiter approached with a smile.

"Good evening, Ian Wade. I'll guide you to your usual place."

It was a completely remote area.

Ian always sat in the same seat whenever he met someone at Hibiscus.

Although he was kind of like a celebrity, he was also a person who wanted to have nothing to do with being noticed.

He came a little early, so his appointment had not yet arrived.

While waiting, he was completely immersed in Annabelle's words and frowned.

It was then.

Bang!

Ian jumped and ducked inside.

The western outer wall collapsed and hit the spot where he was sitting.

All kinds of bricks and ornaments poured onto the table that turned into a mess.

That side of Hibiscus was in complete shambles.

"Are you all right, sir?"

Fortunately, Ian was the only one on the wall, so no one else was hurt. Ian was also spared thanks to his incredible speed.

But it didn't matter since he was fine.

"It's alright."

Ian responded half-heartedly to the crowd of waiters and ran out through the collapsed outer walls.

At this rate of the collapse, he would have avoided it well without Annabelle's warning, but that was not important now.

He wanted to meet her right away and ask for the whole story.

He then realized that he didn't even know Annabelle's whereabouts as he was trying to cross the city to find her.

Maybe... she said she lives with her half brother.

He didn't even know the name of that brother.

Ian had no choice but to grab a random person and ask them where the Nadit mansion was.

"Looking for me?"

Then came a slow voice.

Finally, he found Annabelle sitting with her arms folded over the branches of the zelkova tree with her head up.

"I told you not to go, you dumb blonde, why can't you understand when I warned you. Can't you keep your brain cells fresh?"

Light purple hair fluttered behind her back while she sat nonchalantly.

"You..."

But Annabel seemed unwilling to talk to him for a long time.

"I hope you hit your toe so hard that your toenail pops off! Then every time you put on your socks, you'll only scream!"

Without even listening to his response, Annabelle uttered the same harsh language as if saying a goodbye.

Then, she jumped up and disappeared into the darkness.

Ian immediately tried to follow Annabelle, for he wanted to hear right away how this happened.

It wasn't that hard for him to catch her. As he was about to run away from the cluttered bar, someone grabbed his arm.

"Ian, are you okay?"

It was the person he was supposed to meet.

"I think it was someone's deliberate plan. They found an explosive."