25

Welcoming the family (3)

Ian Wade was 14 year old, the same age as I was.

He had a carefree face with nothing to say with high-quality training clothes that contrasted with mine.

Everything was different, from the restrained movements and indifferent expressions to the well-made luxurious sword, and an aristocratic appearance that was irritatingly neat.

A little while ago, because of Richard, I even had a resentment against 'noble things', so I hated everything about Ian for nothing.

And that day, I lost the final.

Even Caitlyn and Reid looked at me with cold eyes and didn't say a word of comfort.

As a young child, I couldn't sleep and laid on my bed, crouching like a shrimp while crying a little.

No matter how much I remembered my past life and became a new person, I couldn't forget about that event, with a clear identity as Annabelle Nadit.

Of course, I understood since I was an illegitimate child, there was no way I would look pretty.

They were openly looking for wealth, but there was plenty of room to be annoyed.

But, humans at least shouldn't be subjected to the cruelest 'hope torture'.

I couldn't just ignore it. Why did they have to ridicule and trample on a 14-year-old child like that?

If I had just treated him as someone who didn't exist, the defeat on that day would not have been so disastrous.

I used to sharpen my sword, thinking for a long time that the misery of that day was due to Ian Wade.

However, when I looked back at the past objectively after thinking of my past life, the person who was the least at fault was Ian.

He was just living his life.

But other than that, everything was bad.

"It's been a long time since we've talked to each other."

Richard said as he guided me.

The way he spoke and his eyes were kind.

"I don't know if you remember your childhood, but...at that time, I was young and very immature."

I was also very hurt when I was young.

And one more thing, I knew that Richard wasn't really the kind of person who would say that.

Obviously, he was calculating, and what I was expecting was very clear.

'They want to use me because of the prince.'

Richard even asked in a softer tone.

"If I say I'm sorry, will you listen?"

"Of course."

I smiled softly.

I said I would listen, but I didn't say I would accept it.

Of course, as Richard said, I had to take into account that it was a childhood thing eight years ago.

And I was thinking of paying interest as well.

"Escort her, Elburn."

At Richard's words, Elburn reached out to me as if he couldn't do it if Richard hadn't told him to.

I thought as I walked while holding his hand.

It must have been Richard's idea of ​​using all the insidious tricks, and the simple Elburn next to me must have jumped and had no choice but to agree with him.