73

Between Love and Acting (11)

With my playful words, my uncle's face turned blue again.

My uncle apologized to Ian once again.

"I'm sorry."

"Anyways."

If I said more, I thought my uncle would crumble, so I quickly started explaining the situation.

"When I go up to the capital, I will officially dispatch the Imperial Order."

All of them were in consultation with Robert in advance.

"Because all the evidence is in Caronda, so we need an official investigation by the Knights."

In fact, more complex strategies were hidden, but it seemed that it would not be burdensome for my uncle to say this for now.

"Please keep an eye on the prison until then."

"Okay."

My uncle answered resolutely.

"I'll take care of it myself."

I thought I could trust my uncle who hadn't had a stock stolen for more than 20 years.

"In order to be taken safely to the capital, we must make sure that no one commits suicide, and above all else, that they're not attacked by others. Be sure to send it to the capital in an intact state. I think it would be more reliable if my uncle would accompany me. May I ask you a favor?"

"Leave it to me. It's time to use some of the gold I've collected so far."

My uncle nodded.

"Now, I should hire countless people in the lord's castle to protect all of them only in prison."

"It's a waste of money."

"...That's true. But it's for my family. I'll bet everything on me so that your efforts will never be wasted."

I smiled and nodded.

As I personally experienced my uncle's thorough work while staying at Caronda for two days and one night, I thought I could trust him.

"They cannot interfere with my niece's future."

Whenever my uncle brought up the word "niece," his eyes shined with joy.

"Ha... Everyone said my niece was pretty too."

"Isn't it just because of the black magic thing earlier?"

"I'm sure there's that, but anyway, hmm."

I laughed jokingly and said, pulling Ian's arm.

"Then we will...first, go to our room and check the data."

"Let's have dinner together. Come down to the restaurant."

My uncle also spoke politely to Ian.

"It's shabby, but I'll prepare dinner."

Now, starting tomorrow, my uncle would be very busy.

This was because the young people of Caronda, whose black magic was lifted, would return.

It was hard to imagine how much work there would be.

So this evening was the last time to talk and eat leisurely.

My uncle went down to the basement to check the prison one more time, and Ian and I went up to the room.

I took a deep breath and closed the door.