127

Things that Don't Matter in Front of Love (1)

Strictly speaking, it was the commoner people who had nothing to do with the Emperor that went in front of Nick and chased after him to see Lanella.

Therefore, in principle, no one could stop Marilyn unless it was an event that controlled the entire crowd.

There was no law prohibiting fighting among commoners in the crowd at the awards ceremony of the swordsmanship competition.

"Marilyn."

Nick sighed and said.

"I'm surrounded by some knights now. Come and see me later."

"...She's no better than the dog that swapped my daughter, shamelessly returned to the capital, and worked as my assistant to fit dresses. Do you think I'll wait to see her later?"

"Of course I knew you would react like that. However..."

Nick handed Marilyn a note.

"Read this and decide."

Marilyn opened the note and turned her back quietly, sighing deeply.

Everyone who was looking at them were holding their breath, thinking that something big was about to happen, and then relaxed a little.

Marilyn returned to her seat, trembling, and opened the note once more.

「Let's all see Lanella Ocide together.」

It was Annabelle's handwriting.

「Mother, father, and me, let's meet again and show them how happy we are and punish them thoroughly.」

It wasn't exactly that she decided to listen to her daughter that Marilyn stepped back.

It was from the idea that Annabelle had something to say to Lanella along with her biological parents, and she seemed to have put up with it.

"Annabelle, my sweetheart."

Marilyn murmured, fiddling with the note.

"Come back now, come on. Please let me know as soon as possible, even if it's just to say you're okay."

~*~

(Annabelle's pov)

In the Smaho forest, there was only silence until I cut down all the bamboo.

There was no interference from Lagian, so I quickly used my sword to cut down the rest of the bamboo in an instant.

It was only after I cut down the last single bamboo I could see the mess.

Robert and Carlon were tossed and flipped on the stomach, fighting like the local gangsters, then after completely subduing Carlon, Robert grabbed him by the neck, and threw him into a tree.

Of course, they both exchanged a few fists and had all kinds of bruises on their faces beforehand.

"...First."

Robert spoke calmly without even wiping the blood from his lips.

"Let's get out of this forest... Brother, I will arrest you as a current criminal. Because you admitted all the charges with your own mouth."

He said, looking at Ian, who was still standing on Lagian's back.

"... I wish Ian would escort you to the forest entrance. He's probably the most important person in this case. And let Annabelle take care of Lagian."

Robert pulled out the handcuffs and rope he had brought from his arms.

The reason why he came with so many knights was because he had planned to escort the two to the capital in a noisy manner from the beginning.