32

Paternity Test (2)

At that time, Ian was watching the knights in the training ground with a terrifying expression.

"With this momentum, the Wades will conquer the world."

Aaron whispered to the panting knight beside him.

The atmosphere of the knights with and without Ian was like the difference between heaven and earth.

Of course, considering the skills of the knights, the longer Ian stayed, the better, but everyone had to have a harder day than usual.

"Now I can't even joke anymore because I want to get water."

The knight answered Aaron carefully.

"After all, you might as well install a drinking water fountain tomorrow."

He couldn't even joke around since Ian was also not at ease.

It had been a while since Annabelle had shown up. The last time she was seen was at the opera.

'It's cool. Annabelle Nadit is not coming, so it has been a very fruitful day.'

Ian thought and pretended to be examining his sword, then glanced at his watch.

'In that sense, shall we go in another 30 minutes?'

It was a thought that would be frustrating once more if the knights knew.

He didn't know how many times he had already promised them only 30 more minutes.

'I can't let Annabel walk in vain... No, what am I thinking?'

It was like he was missing and waiting for her...

Of course, it wasn't that he didn't know why Annabelle wasn't coming.

Those who only think a little would even guess.

"Annabelle Nadit isn't coming? The gatekeepers will be comfortable. They won't have to run without meaning."

The knights who were resting on one side murmured.

"If it were you, would you come? There's no need to beat Ian anymore."

"No way. I heard she's doing a paternity test on the day of the High Priest's retirement. She won't even need to win first place in the swordsmanship competition."

"After all, she must have known that she was no match for Ian, so she didn't need to come anymore."

It was the words 'she didn't need to come anymore' that kept ringing in Ian's ears.

The knights giggled and exchanged water bottles with each other, but after confirming that the bottles were empty, they called the servant.

"Linda! Bring some more water! I drank all the water."

"Just throw it away. You don't need it anymore. A drinking water fountain will be installed tomorrow, right?"

"Right. Have you been using that bottle for 8 years? You won't need it anymore, so you can just throw it away."

There was a person who suddenly intervened in the chatter of the knights with a serious look.

"How can you say such harsh things?"

It was Ian with a strangely hurt expression on his face.

"Didn't you have it for the eight years that we were together anyways? And you're going to throw it away like that?"

Everyone was stunned and looked at Ian.

The knights exchanged bewildered glances between each other and answered cautiously.