28

Welcoming the family (6)

That 'first child' was the same age as me.

I didn't say anything to Marilyn's calm words because Aaron was two years younger than me, and he said he was the only son.

As expected, my wit functioned.

"My child, who I gave birth to on the same day, left me as soon as she came to the world."

Marilyn smiled a little, but she also seemed to have difficulty speaking.

"...First... I'm telling you... I still can't get over it."

Leslie and I didn't know what to say to comfort her, so we just fiddled with our teacups.

I never imagined Marilyn, who was always calm and passionate about her work, would look like that.

A face that looked miserable and lived with so much sadness...

Even though it was a perfect job for someone else, I felt like my heart was strangely breaking down.

As there was a slight silence between us, Marilyn forced herself to look bright and changed the subject.

"Then why don't you try on your training suit?"

When Marilyn waved the bell, the assistant brought about five training suits.

"I'm nervous because it was my first time making training suits."

For the first time, I saw that training suits could be artistic.

"The material may be uncomfortable. Please give me feedback after trying it on."

"Feedback... I can just try it on roughly."

"What do you mean, roughly? If it's not perfect, we can't get it out of this dressing room."

It was great craftsmanship.

She was the owner of the capital's best clothing place.

I had tried on all five training suits, and they were all much more comfortable than my old one.

"It's so comfortable. I don't think it needs to be fixed."

"Really? Then let's get a few more similar ones."

It was when Leslie was clapping loudly.

Suddenly, the door of the dressing room burst open.

"Marilyn, the blue dress I told you about last time... Oh, my."

A middle-aged woman with black hair suddenly came in and saw me and hardened.

Her pupils shook aimlessly, unable to hide her embarrassment.

'What, I've never seen you before. Why do you look like that?'

I was a celebrity in the capital anyway, so it was highly likely that she recognized me.

The illegitimate daughter of the Marquis Abedes, the daughter of the noisy Caitlyn, the insensitive nut who continued to curse and torment Ian...

'...Well, that could be the look.'

There was a possibility that she was a fan of Ian. Then I could understand why she was surprised to see me with Leslie.

"Oh, Lanella. As I said before, I always get guests on a pre-booking basis..."

When Marilyn spoke with a frown, a woman named Lanella immediately accepted.

"Oh, right. I didn't make a reservation. I'll be back next time! Sorry!"