21

Strange things I've believed in (9)

'You think I'm going to start a fight here?'

There was no way I could be so happy to torment him, who didn't do anything particularly wrong to me.

'Or does he hate being in the same room as me?'

It was a reasonable thought, but it was somewhat unfair.

I was still a real person.

Now I knew clearly that Ian was not the one I should hate.

Whether it felt unfair or not, Ian stood there and stared at me for a very embarrassing amount of time.

Braden, the Duke of Wade, punched him in the back and pushed him in. He almost had to drag Ian in front of us.

"Long time no see, Prince."

"The Duke of Wade, Ian."

Robert stood up pleasantly and held out his hand. I also got tangled up following suit.

"It's nice to see the rich coming side by side. This is my partner, Miss Annabelle Nadit."

"Hello, I'm Annabelle Nadit."

"I've heard a lot from Leslie, but it seems like this is my first time greeting you."

Braden said while smiling nicely.

"Nice to meet you."

...I didn't know what things Leslie talked to him about.

"After the performance, I want to have a deeper conversation to say thank you. I'm glad your foot is okay."

"Oh... yes."

I suppose.

When I heard him mention the story of my foot, he seemed to be referring to the event where that bookmark exploded.

Perhaps because Ian's parents believed in their child's abilities, they didn't seem to be at all wary of Ian's 'self-proclaimed rival'.

"Ian, you need to say hi."

Braden muttered while stabbing Ian on the side, and Ian greeted everyone with a dry voice.

Did he really have to make his dislike that obvious?

Of course, considering what I had done so far, that was the case.

"Then I hope you have a good time."

Braden smiled politely and sat down with Ian.

'Well, it's good to be close, but isn't this too close?'

Braden dragged Ian to the seat next to us.

Was he even pushing Ian to sit next to me?

I became slightly more nervous as I watched Ian take one more shot of the welcome drink brought by the maid and asked for another drink.

'Are you that thirsty?'

In any case, he drank the drug that Reid had prepared in an instant.

Now, all that remained was to create a place for the two of us at the earliest possible time and pour in the antidote.

'I can see the end of this annoying act now! Bye everyone. Bye forever.'

All sorts of rumors would be spread about me, but Robert, who didn't care, and Ian, who had to be criticized by me without any guilt, could now live peacefully after all this.