30

Welcoming the family (8)

"From the temple?"

"It was originally scheduled to arrive before the meal, but the wheels of the wagon fell off, so it was a little late."

"Why now of all times..."

When Marquis Abedes replied nervously, the servant replied urgently.

"The priest told me it was a correspondence that I had to see with Miss Annabelle."

'...With me?'

I was looking at the window close to the thought of spitting out the lines I had prepared after eating all the dessert.

I didn't mean to get involved with this shady family for more than a delicious meal.

Because I wanted to settle down safely in the capital.

No matter how I was in second place, why would I give up my reputation?

I didn't want to suffer in a faraway place without connections.

That was why I didn't go abroad after recalling my past life.

'Especially Richard, he's a man who's going to get paid back many times for what he has done, so I just have to jab him a few times and get out of here.'

'I mean, I felt dirtied, but I don't have to take revenge..to the point of annoyance and absurdity.'

Wasn't it my specialty to do small, annoying things?

Judging from the look of it, I thought he'd give me a few pennies if I asked, but I didn't want to rip it out more than needed.

But what kind of letter did the temple send to me and these people?

Marquis Abedes frowned, pulled out the letter, and began to read it slowly.

"Dear Marquis Abedes, I heard you're having a very meaningful family meal today."

I rolled my eyes and fiddled with my hair for nothing.

My light purple hair was slightly reddish unlike the Abedes.

"I'm going to give you a gift in such a meaningful place of agreement."

If the High Priest's letter came a little later, he could have made a meaningful mess.

"Miss Annabelle is my benefactor who saved me with a clean and pure intention."

There was not a word in the sentence that was true, but it was also not necessary to be pointed out.

I picked up the fork again thinking it would be just a letter of appreciation and congratulation, and stopped at the end of the sentence.

"I have a retirement ceremony in a week, and I'll run a paternity test then."

'...A paternity test? He's going to do that?'

The paternity test required a great deal of strength.

Once it would be done, the priest would be out (t/n: unconscious/needs rest) for a few days, and he never had a replacement.

That was because it was obvious that a demand would be poured out if a precedent was set.

'That's why you're doing the retirement ceremony.'

The next substitute might want to cry at the sight.

"As you know, the procedure requires the four permissions."

If there were four, it would be the family, the god, the priest himself, and the royal family, besides the temple.

"Since the temple has already been cleared, I think the Marquis and Ms. Annabelle should gather their opinions at the dinner table. And I don't know, but according to rumors, Prince Robert would grant it?"