8

Wanting to Escape (7)

"Still, they did give me three meals a day with protein, so it's hard to say that they didn't even feed me..."

There was silence for a moment in the room at my words.

"Oh, it's not that I don't know the type of food I eat at all! Leftovers were often sent up too!"

I added hastily, but the mood did not improve.

Leslie, in particular, remained firm with a fork in her hand. She looked as if something had happened that should never happen.

The first person who spoke was Oscar.

"That's not going to work."

Suddenly, Oscar took off his gloves.

"Frozen yeper meat. Oh my god, and that's for three meals a day. Such a terrible thing."

Then he pulled something out of his pocket and held it out to me.

"Go to any branch and eat when it's convenient for you."

「Rainfield Restaurant Meal Ticket」

Any branch... So it was a chain restaurant?

It was then that I remembered Aaron's mention of Rainfield Restaurant.

It must have been a famous place where people would be treated like a freak if they didn't recognize the name.

'He must be incredibly rich.'

My hands even trembled when I took the meal ticket.

"Oh, thank you..."

Leslie sighed as if exasperated.

"I hate to say this, but Caitlyn and Reid are too mean. You don't know how to take care of yourself thanks to them and they don't even feed you properly."

She gritted her teeth while giving me more food.

"Those who don't feed others properly are very bad people.'

Leslie even trembled.

"The more I imagine it, the more terrible it is. I knew it was really bad, but it's worse than I thought."

"Yes, Reid is rubbish."

Why was I so pathetic?

When I first remembered my past life, I was too busy trying to figure out how to survive and was really unhappy from the environment I grew up in.

Still, I had to hold it in until the next swordsmanship competition.

I was going to wipe out all the tricks Reid and I had worked on, and then I would cut him off!

No matter how much I would lose, there was no reason why I couldn't take care of myself even though I was in second place from the world's view.

There was plenty of room for people to enjoy their lives even if they gave up first place in the sword competition.

In the middle of the meal, Oscar took a large knife and cut the meat himself, which was incredible.

"Oh my..."

I muttered unknowingly.

"I can see why Aaron Rainfield uses his sword so well..."

There was no sword, but the detail in handling the knife was worth seeing.

"Oscar is not the only one."

Leslie said with a smile.

"Oscar's wife, Marilyn, is also very good with knives."