63

Between Love and Acting (1)

(3rd person pov)

"What? Ian went out?"

Aaron was slightly surprised to learn of Ian's absence while working for the Wade Knights as usual.

"Oh my god..."

He muttered quietly, looking at the knights without Ian.

"It's so nice."

Aaron's face crept with a smile.

"As expected, it's exciting if your boss isn't at work. The day will go by in an instant."

And after spending the morning training a bit, he had tea time with Leslie.

If Ian had been there, who never allowed breaks, this kind of routine would have been impossible.

Aaron was not the only one who returned to the Wades after vacation.

Oscar also returned as the chef and the dessert quality of tea time became very good.

"As expected."

Leslie opened her eyes thinly and murmured happily.

"The best thing about being the Duchess of Wade is that I have more money to spend, and the good thing about having a lot of money is that I can hire Oscar Rainfield."

In fact, in order to invite Oscar as a chef dedicated to the duke, Leslie poured out the budget allocated to him.

"Many women seeking the position of Duchess of Wade must be sad to hear that."

Aaron spoke skillfully.

"Of course. The duke went on an inspection, right?"

"Yes. He suddenly moved up the date."

"All of a sudden?"

"He must be out of his mind these days. Since yesterday morning, he has been making a fuss to decorate our date wagon with flowers and other carriages, but he actually led all the other carriages out."

Leslie continued as if worried.

"So eventually, Ian had to use our date carriage. Did Annabelle say anything afterwards?"

"She didn't say much."

Aaron answered.

"Actually, she has changed a little. She's a lot nicer. For example..."

He chose his words slowly.

"When she was Annabelle Nadit, she was like my mother, who was stubborn, but after entering my family, the blood of my good father was strongly expressed."

"It won't be fun anymore then."

Leslie sighed and said.

"But, well, it can change, because she's loved by her family now."

Then she added, raising her eyebrows.

"Love changes people, right?"

"Well, that's right."

Aaron answered smoothly and put his chin on his hand as Leslie asked.

"Then, will Ian change if he falls in love?"

"Well, I don't think he'll be talented at dating..."

Leslie blinked.

"If he gets a woman he really wants, will he suddenly wake up and act more like Braden?"