11

Wanting to Escape (10)

The stunned waiter looked at Robert and escorted him to the best window seat.

In an instant, it was evident that all the employees of the restaurant were nervous.

I sat quietly at the table and looked around.

'Aaron Rainfield truly is rich.'

The interior of the restaurant was very colorful and beautiful.

'How many people are working...?'

And this was only the third restaurant.

Caitlyn and Reid always ate at the main one, so that place would probably be even more glamorous.

"Excuse me..."

Out of curiosity, I asked one of the employees.

"Where is your main restaurant located?"

"It is at 32 Violidi Street."

The employee responded kindly.

"Please note that there are a lot of people on the waiting list, so you have to make a reservation half a year in advance."

Ha, then Caitlyn and Reid must've made reservations six months in advance.

Trying not to be offended, I quickly thought of Aaron.

When I recalled his playful face, my envy and anger subsided.

In the Empire, the boundaries between the nobility and commoners were not very clear.

To be precise, it was more evident in the past, but these days, the rights of the commoners were gradually increasing.

Even Leslie, who was a commoner, became the Duchess of Wade without any difficulty.

If you were a wealthy commoner, you had nothing to regret.

I stared at the menu while swallowing my envy.

Robert spoke softly as I hesitated for quite some time.

"If you don't mind, I recommend course number three. Everything is good there."

I quickly saw the price of course number three. It was the most expensive one.

This was a lot of pressure.

"Yes, then let's do that."

Even though that price was too much for me.

I answered lightly and covered the menu. It was embarrassing for me to join Robert all of a sudden.

But, the reason that I agreed to join him was simple.

"Of course, I'll treat you to a meal."

Since that was the case, I could save a meal ticket.

On a very reasonable calculation that I could come again besides today, I entered the restaurant with his escort.

It was a place where everything glowed except dirt, so no one had worn sweaty training clothes and carried a sword like me.

But with Prince Robert in front of me, it felt strange as if we were being focused on.

After taking off his robe, I could also see that Robert was fully dressed in uniform and had an escort behind him.

"I just wanted to say thank you."

In order to understand the situation, I closed my mouth and focused only on eating.