137

After Quitting Being Your Rival (3)

"A monster?"

The first person to react was a male knight who was nearby.

"Are you saying that a monster has appeared near the capital? Guide us right now..."

"That, that..."

When the male knight came out, the girl with tears in her eyes spoke as if she was in trouble.

"My sister...is naked now because she was caught taking a bath in the river... Can't only women come?"

When she said that, Yuina took a couple of friends who had been snooping around us.

"We will go. Once I report to the Prince..."

"But the monsters are huge!"

The girl stretched her arms out as she spoke. Then she looked at my face and widened her eyes.

"Aren't you Annabelle Rainfield? I saw you at a swordsmanship contest!"

She came running to me and blinked her eyes.

"Anyways, my sister is a fan of Miss Annabelle. If you go along and save my sister, she will love it!"

It was a very transparent trap.

'The real Richard wasn't close to me, but he knew me well. All the while, I'm only dealing with things that I couldn't help but be weak against if it was the old me.'

A girl dreaming of being a swordsman who people idolize, or someone who even after watching a swordsmanship contest professes to be my fan, not Ian's.

All of them were traps that attacked swordsmens with low self-esteem.

'I admit that he is a more sophisticated and uglier villain than me.'

Ian hadn't come back yet. Of course.

I looked at Yuina one more time.

"Isn't it less than an hour from here if we go at full speed to the capital?"

"Yes. We only have to go west along this road."

I smiled and touched my sword once.

This seems to be the last trap that Richard prepared, but it seemed like it was finally time to turn it all over.

After glancing at the face of the girl holding a mushroom basket, I looked at Yuina and said:

"I'll catch the monster and go straight to the capital. Don't be afraid to tell other people that and go straight to the capital. See you there."

"Ah, but your leg injury..."

"It doesn't matter. I can catch one monster. And tell Prince Robert and Ian that I will be joining them soon, so please don't worry, we'll just meet in the capital."

Yuina had a troubled expression.

Because I was not a member of the Imperial Knights, I couldn't even give orders.

"I am meeting a fan for the first time. No one should come, because then it'll be embarrassing with all the compliments."

In the beginning, it was a fairly long procession by mobilizing a lot of knights, so both Robert and Ian were quite far away.

Yuina blinked her eyes and then she nodded her head as if she couldn't help it.

"Yes... I know."

"Thank you, Yuina."

"You said my name!"

"We can also have tea time in the capital. I'll invite you to the Rainfield Manor."