102

Qualifications of the Mind (7)

Afterwards, Ian stopped at the Imperial Palace for a while and then immediately left for Barnafarim.

And I asked my father to prepare gingerbread cookies right away.

Of course, he also prepared a brownie with a light gingerbread cookie as he said she would want dark chocolate. At this level, he could be called a true servant.

Having taken care of everything, I blankly walked towards the main building.

'What is this feeling...'

Obviously, it was very comfortable to walk, even though I was living in someone else's house.

We had been attacking each other like crazy for 8 years, and it seemed like I had been coming and going more often these days.

Anyway, Ian left after giving a hint that he was going to hit on me hard in the future.

'I am guilty. I am guilty.'

I sighed and thought.

'I was the one who kissed him while I told him to take care of me...'

No, now I have been thinking about Ian all day, adding to what Ian said earlier.

"I'll make a formal confession when I come back from the coast of Banafarim."

As I recalled his attack patterns, I began to reason rationally.

'Ian usually gives me time to prepare my mind like this before hitting the final blow in an ordinary match. It must be a strategy to be considerate of others.'

My heart was complicated and I wanted to see Leslie.

Even though Leslie was Ian's mother, she was an adult I could rely on.

"Oh? Miss Annabelle?"

As I was just entering the main building, I ran into Braden.

He smiled knowingly as he looked at the food in my hand.

"Looks like you came to visit Leslie."

"Yes, Duke."

I answered politely for once.

Braden and I didn't really get to know each other. We've only met at the opera and exchanged a few words.

Unlike Leslie, who often appears in the training ground, Braden was very busy.

'Well, the Duke is not always free.'

In the end, it would all become Ian's.

'He looks a lot like Ian. Very handsome.'

I thought as I glanced at Braden.

One of the things Leslie once said about Braden was: 'I just happened to get married'.

I heard that he was a great trickster, and from Leslie's words, he certainly seemed like that.

Anyway, I shouldn't get entangled too much, so I was going to just show politeness and pass by. It seemed like he wouldn't be interested in me anyway.

"Ah. Leslie is asleep now."

Braden said with a soft smile.

"I don't think she will wake up for a long time because she took a sleeping pill."

"Oh... Is that so?"

"She's going to lie down for sometime anyway. How about going back today and coming tomorrow?"

I was fidgeting with the basket of gingerbread cookies and brownies.

Braden noticed it and spoke right away.