138

After Quitting Being Your Rival (4)

Once again, I realized that there were many assassins who came after me.

'He hired a lot. I can't even believe that the Marquis of Abedes had this much wealth.'

To spend money on so many people just for me, he must have taken as much money as his inheritance right.

I started to deal with the assassins who attacked me one by one, and people began to flock as it was quite spectacular.

It was not an easy sight to see one person defeating so many people with ease.

"Hey, isn't that Annabelle Rainfield?"

"No, what, those people!"

"Aren't we supposed to help? How many people are running now?"

"Wait, help... I don't think there is a need?"

I shouted cheerfully, kicking the 38th and 39th assassins at once.

"You can't help me! Because I, alone, am enough!"

The assassins who couldn't stop attacking now fell into my hands one by one and began to spread out on the streets.

It seemed like it wouldn't take long to deal with all of this.

'I expected it, but I'm really strong.'

In the past, such a number of people would have been difficult to bear.

'But he didn't know I'd become this strong. His actions were too deceitful as a great villain.'

I acknowledged Richard inside. Of course, I was the winner.

At my words, the people who were watching did not even think to intervene and were buzzing.

"Hey, is it possible to defeat so many opponents alone?"

"No... If that's enough, wouldn't it be easy for Ian too? It doesn't even look like she's doing her best."

"I heard that the Duchess of Wade started teaching swordsmanship herself and her skills improved a bit, didn't it?"

It was as planned.

I now caught the assassins running away, kicked them away and grinned.

'With this, I succeeded in having others see me being attacked alone in front of a lot of people.'

Now, even if Richard somehow denied it, there are too many witnesses for him to escape.

In addition, by showing myself being attacked alone, there was an effect of mobilizing forces against the discriminatory people.

'It's what I planned, but too many people are watching. Because they're so interested...'

An alleyway was filled with assassins I had dealt with.

As the crowd murmured, I blinked and thought.

'Very good. It's best to be praised while showing off your hidden skills. How exhilarating.'

To be honest, I'd been hiding my skills until now. Even I did not properly deal with Lagian on the last trap.

'I want more people to see my skills. I don't want to hear that Ian looked after me, even as a joke during a friendly match.'

It was when I kicked the last person and then slapped him with a scabbard and threw him away.

I saw knights running in the distance.

'...Knights of Wade?'

Among the people in knight uniforms, recognizable from afar, a familiar figure was seen running over the wallowing assassins.